Chapter 3

Merlin was roped in doing the set up for the Beltane celebrations for rthe rest of the day, along with Will and Lancelot and Gwaine, the letter whom had to be dragged out of the tavern kicking and screaming but was now throwing himslef bodily with full force into the work. As the brilliant sun plunged below the horizon, it's golden light casting long shadows, the fires were lit and the enhabintants of Ealdor gathered to await for the Seeer.

An awwed shush of anticipation fell over the expecting crowd as a woman emerged from one of the houses, she had striking black hair that contrasted with her mily pale skin, highlighted by the shimmering flowing green dress she wore, which matched her glinting emerald eyes, and cascarded from her ivory shoulders in billowing waves that fluttered in the mild spring breeze as she came towards the fires and made her look like an actual etherial ghost.

The woman: Morgana Le Fey, stood in front of the village crowd and spread her arms out widlely, breathing a deep breath before she spoke in a poetic lilt that resonated with her audience who stood in inraptured silence.

"My friends, I have looked into the ether, though the mists of time in the darkness of the long winters nights that have chilled us to the bones. And the mysts have spoken unto me in my waking dreams. The great goddesses smile upon us this year: they have promosed us great propensity, crops will yield fruit, we shall be safe from the storms that rage the Mad King's lands for another year more, young people and old people alike shall be safe and cared for." She said, other wordly smile on her delicate feature as if carve in marble. Her voice grew stronger and deeper and her face darkened as she continued, clouds drew themselves about her to darken the sky in her cloak of darknes. A murmur of unrest shimmed through the crowd as she continued to speak the words:

"But! The curtains of time are unsure beasts! They have drawn back and revealed to myself many things that which should perhaps be but may not have yet come to pass!" A time of great trial is nearing EalDor. Picese long ago set into motion are falling into their places. The sand of time have whispered there soft words in my willing ear! the pince must return else we shall all fall!" There was a bellow clap of thunder as a bright bolt of lightning snook through the grey sky and Morgana fell to the floor insensate. There was a quiet silence. And then the clowds clears, and the crowd burst into applause. Lancelot glanced at Merlin, confused and converned at the sourcerer's cheering. Merlin grinned from the side of his rosy mouth.

"Morgana loves to bee dramatic." He explained. The celebrations begain, Merlin glanced up to see Morgana was okay, she was being helped to her feet and given a glass of drink. He turned back to his friend and grinned.

"Shall we?" he said, rakish eyebrow dancing on his forehead as he offered the seeer his arm.

Some time letter, much cider had been drunken and everyone was feeling pleasantly warm, or unpleasantly depending on how much they had had to drink. Dirk had habitually not drunk much, as he preferred to keep his witsa about him. He took a long sip of his warm spiced cider he had had for ages, the sweetness of the crisp apples tingling on his tongue as he stood to the side of the dancing and watching the villagers make merry when Gwen, his adopted sister, appeared next to him.

"You don't want to dance?" she quieried with a bright smile her sheecks glowing diaintily with the heat or the fires and the cider she had been drinking and the exsercise of dancing. Dirk's face slid into a disapproving girmace as he saw the Theif Merling on the dancefloor. Drik scoffed.

"Not if I can help it." her blonde brother responded with a smile. "Are you havng fun?" he asked her, caringly.

"Oh yes, everyone is so nice and the cider is to die for. Hunith tells me her son has come back to the voillage but I've not met him yet!" Gwen gushed, gazing her eyes over the moving crowds and flickering flames before them. She tucked her hand into her Brother's arm.