Chapter 14

A/N: Hi sguys sorry I didn't update alte week!! it was hard with the holidays, but hopefully this makes up for it!

Merlin hit the ground firat. Splattening into a muddy puddle with an nasty squelch he lay on his back and stared into the gapping magic in the few seconds that it took Arthur to reuinte with him. Of course, Arthur landed on his feet and stood gloriously lit by the portal's squirling whirls of golden magic, tinting his whole visage in golden delight. From his muddy patch of ground, Merlin's heart lurched around his narrow chest, shocked, overwhelmed, and disbelieving that he got to have him as his soulmate while the other man was stuck with him, who must look positively drab in his muddy comparison. Arhtur grinned down at him, offering a hand up, and stroking the dirt brown mud from Merlin's brow and face.

"Well that went well. Any idea where we are?" he asked in fake cheeras the portal closed with a sly pop like a soap buubble- sparks flying akimbo from it as is vanished into thin air. Merlin shook his head. Arthur smiled his private smile that he only gave Merlin, an expression that dropped to concern when he noticed the wizard was still ill.

"Are you okay love?" He asked cardleing Merlin's face in his hand. Melin smiled at him gentle and shook his head a little.

"I'm fine. Feeling much better!" Arthur tutted at his warlock's plaour and clamly skiln.

"Come in, let's get you out of those dirty clothes." he said, hands at Merlin's waist.

"Arthu!" Melin joked, pretending to be scalanised, "Now is hardly the time!" Arthur rolled his eye and walked off in a random direction from the clearing in the verdant green forest they had fallen into.

"ARthur you don't know where youre going!" Merlin cried after him but followed with a flap of his arms.

"Yes I do. The sun rises in the east" HE pointed in a direction "And now it's here" HE pointed at where the sun hang in the sky "so this way is west" He looked at Merlin pointedly.

"And waht's west, we don't know where we are so we don't know what's west!" exclaimed Merlin in frustration, a headache lingered beween his eyes and he was keen to find somewhere quickly where he could recover his strength and he and Arthur, his clotpole soulmate, could work out what they were to do nex.

"Villages are always west" explained Arthur, imperially, as thught Merlin was a small child.

"Arthur that so dumb!" merlin said exhausted with his unfounded confidence. Arthur muttered something quietly "What?"

"I said your face is dumb!" replied Arthur, eyebrows raised to his hairline and barely resisting the urge to stick out his tongue at the slighty younger man.

"You love my face" grinned Merlin in response, like a smug Cheshire cat.

"Oh I do" Arthur smiled his blinding and genuine smile as he pulled Merlin in close for a quick peck on the lips. Merlin looked deep into his eyes and was about to his him more resoundingly when something cuaght his ear.

"Wait listen what's that" Merlin held up his hand and Arthur stopped beside him, puzzled. He could see Merlin was listening hard but he couldn't hear anything...no wait! There was a voice somewhere near boy.

"It is someone singing" Arthur said frowning in concentration to make out the words. Merlins face split into a huge grin.

"Not just any someone! Come on" he beamed at Arthur and then bolted away crashing ungracefylly through the undergrowth.

"Merlin!" Arthur called in exasperation, rolling his eyes and running after the dark hair wizard. Someone had to stop his hurting himself after all he thought.