⇝The Tower

"I think you should go."

Livia glared at Phoebe as they walked out of the Great Hall after dinner.

"I'm not going," Livia hissed.

Phoebe groaned. "Why not? Tom Riddle, one of the hottest boys in this school, wants to be alone with you. At night."

"There's something I don't like about him," Livia confessed. "He's never shown any interest in me. Why now?"

"Maybe he's been too shy to say anything before?" Upon Livia's chuckle, Phoebe shook her head and continued. "Ok, forget that. But aren't you just a little curious as to what he wants?"

Livia didn't reply. In all honesty, she was curious. But she didn't want to be. What would Tom Riddle want to do with her?

"Think about it again," Phoebe suggested. "Hopefully, you can tell me all about it tomorrow."

The two friends had arrived at their separation point. Livia said goodbye to her best friend, promising to think about Tom's offer. 

Once Livia answered the riddle, she entered the Ravenclaw tower and went straight to her dorm. Neither Cora nor any of Livia's other dorm mates were there, so she decided to begin her homework.

Livia couldn't concentrate. Every question she read in her book only reminded her of the bigger question. Should she go meet with Tom Riddle?

An hour later, the door to the dorms opened and in walked Cora. By the look of her flushed cheeks and bright smile, Livia could only guess she had been practicing quidditch.

"You should've come out to practice," Cora breathed. "It was a lovely evening for flying."

"I have homework," Livia explained. "And besides, quidditch season doesn't start for another few weeks."

Cora came over to peak at Livia's parchment. "You don't seem to have gotten very far."

Livia looked down at her almost-empty piece of parchment. "I've been a little distracted."

Cora cocked an eyebrow. "Distracted? In what way?"

Livia hesitated. She didn't know if she wanted to tell Cora about her Tom Riddle situation.

"Um-" Livia began. "Let's say- hypothetically- someone you've never really talked to asked you to meet them at midnight. Would you?"

Cora smiled. "And this whole situation is hypothetical?"

Livia nodded a little too quickly.

"I mean, it's up to you," Cora said. "But why not?"

Livia nodded again, silently deciding that she would give Tom a chance.

Livia left the Ravenclaw tower at 10:55pm. She had never been outside the tower after curfew before. She wore all black to avoid being seen easily.

The corridors were unnaturally quiet and Livia felt the urge to scream and fill up the empty space.

Livia estimated that she arrived at the library at exactly 11 o'clock. But Tom was nowhere to be seen.

Just when Livia believed he was messing with her, Tom appeared out of the darkness.

"Didn't mean to scare you Angel," he chuckled when Livia jumped out of surprised.

"What do you want, Riddle?" Livia put her guard up straight away. "Why'd you want to meet me?"

Tom chuckled and moved closer to her. "Why wouldn't I want to meet you Angel?"

Livia eyed him suspiciously. "I've been in your classes for the past 7 years," she told him. "You've never once wanted to speak with me."

Tom chuckled again as Livia took a step back from him. "There's something about you, Angel, that entices me."

"Don't call me Angel."

Tom took a step back and nodded his head towards the end of the corridor. "Come. There's something I want to show you."

They ended up in the Astronomy tower, over looking the grounds of Hogwarts. Livia couldn't stop herself from leaning on the railing that separated her and a fifty foot drop.

Tom stood beside her, his crossed arms resting on the railing. They stayed in an almost comfortable silence. Livia felt at peace, until Tom opened his mouth.

"The view is quite beautiful, isn't it?" He spoke into the silence.

Livia had to agree with him. This tower had one of the most magnificent views of Hogwarts, the Ravenclaw tower had the other.

Livia didn't respond; she only nodded.

"You know what else is quite beautiful?" Tom said.

Livia audibly groaned and turned her back to the view. "Please don't use that line on me."

Tom chuckled and ran his hand along the railing, so that his arm was basically around Livia's shoulders.

Livia felt the urge to move as Tom's face got closer to hers.

"So you're not like other girls, then?" Tom smirked.

"No," Livia said, her voice firm.

"I like that about you."

The smirk on his face made Livia feel uneasy. She felt she could only inhale Tom's fresh cologne, even though she was standing next to a large open window.

Tom moved his face closer to Livia's, so close that she could feel his curly hair tickling her forehead. That damn smirk never left his lips.

When Tom's eyes drifted to her lips, Livia had had enough. She cleared her throat loudly and pushed herself away from the tall boy.

"I should probably head back," Livia decided, feeling extremely uncomfortable. "My dorm mate will be wondering where I am."

"Don't leave Angel." Tom moved to place his hands on Livia's hips, but she moved away before he could.

Livia didn't say another word before she dashed down the stone steps, and Tom didn't try stop her.