⇝Memories

"Livia no," Cora pressed as Livia went to leave the Ravenclaw dorms. "You can't."

"Stop stressing Cora," Livia said, opening the dorm door with the hand that wasn't holding her broomstick. "I told Noah I'd play quidditch with him today; just tossing the quaffle back and forth."

Cora sighed like a parent scolding their child. "The Quidditch final is coming up and you can't be injured."

"I'll be care." Livia rolled her eyes and didn't let Cora get another word in. She left the dorm and shut the door after her. A cold breeze hit her when she exited the castle, which made Livia realise wearing only a t-shirt mightn't have been the smartest move. She convinced herself she'd be fine once she got into the air.

Noah was on the pitch when Livia arrived, with his two friends, Alexander and Jace, and a girl Livia didn't recognize.

"Change of plans, Liv," Noah called once his sister was close enough. "We're having a match."

Livia raised an eyebrow and glanced at the four people in front of her. "But the teams will be uneven."

Livia barely saw the smile on Noah's face before she was brutally attacked from behind. Hands gripped onto her sides and made her jump higher than expected. It took Livia a second to understand that her attacker was her one and only best friend.

"Hi bitch," Phoebe chirped, still giggling from Livia's reaction. "You're a chaser, you should be more aware of your surroundings."

"Well I wasn't expecting to be attacked while speaking to my brother and his friends," Livia fought back but when Phoebe started laughing again, she couldn't fight a smile.

"I'll get the quaffle from the broom shed," Livia sighed. "Noah. You help me."

The Wade siblings walked to the tiny old broom shed. With how grand Hogwarts Castle was, Livia sometimes wondered why they had a rickety old shed for the quidditch supplies.

Once Livia stepped into the broom shed, she got an instant feeling of deja vu.

Tom.

Her first interaction with Tom seems like a distant memory from many years ago, when it had only taken place a couple months ago. Livia reflected on how much Tom had changed; from the forceful boy he was to the gentleman he was now. She smiled at the thought that maybe she was the reason he changed.

"Why are you smiling?" Noah asked, pushing aside some old brooms in search of a quaffle. When Livia only shrugged in reply, Noah spoke again. "You've been smiling a lot recently."

It suddenly struck Livia that Noah had no idea about her and Tom; Tom must not have told him. Livia wondered why...

"I never told you about Tom and I," Livia said. "We're... together."

Noah looked away. "Ew I don't understand relationships."

Livia giggled while Noah finally found the quaffle. "You'll understand when you're older Noah."

"I don't think I want to understand." Noah scrunched up his nose. "But if you're happy, I suppose."

Livia decided that was the end of the conversation and left the broom shed, Noah following her.

"Took ye long enough," Phoebe screamed at them. "It's a good thing I'm in such good company or else I would've been dead by the time you got back."

Livia noticed that the three first years looked very uncomfortable next to Phoebe and had left quite a noticeable gap between them and her.

"We didn't take that long, Pheobs," Livia shook her head at Phoebe's overdramatic ways. "Now, what are the teams?"

"Me, Jace and Georgia," Phoebe announced. "And then you losers."

Livia chuckled. "You seem confident, Miss Badger. I wouldn't if I were you."

Phoebe winked. "You're going down, Wade."