⇝Falling

"I don't think the teachers understand," Livia groaned during breakfast, her potions book opened beside her while she spooned cereal into her mouth. "This much stress can't be good for one person."

"Then don't stress," Cora shrugged. "It's just a Potions exam. Calm down."

"You know Slughorn marks really hard, and this exam is meant to be as hard as our NEWTs," Livia said. "If we don't do well in this exam, we probably won't do well in the actual thing. Aren't you worried about that?"

Cora shook her head instantly. "I don't care about the NEWTs anymore. I'm going to go professional with quidditch, so it doesn't matter what results I get."

"You're really determined," Livia smiled as she finished off her breakfast. "It's good you know what you want to do."

The two friends finished their breakfast and made their way down to the dungeons for their first class of the day. Livia had her potions book opened in front of her the whole way down, wanting to do well in this exam.

As life goes, when Livia wanted time to go slowly, it went as quickly as it possibly could. Livia spent so much time trying to perfect each answer, she ran out of time. She was the last person in the classroom, desperately trying to finish.

"Times up Livia," Slughorn smiled as he stood in front of her desk. "You've done as much as you can, off you go now."

Livia handed Slughorn her exam with a sad smile. She felt extremely annoyed with herself as she dragged her feet out of the classroom.

"How'd you find that?" Tom asked when Livia had left the classroom. He seemed to have waited for her, which made Livia smile.

"I didn't finish it on time," Livia pouted. "And it was pretty hard. I'm not ready for these NEWTs."

Tom tilted his head to one side. "We can study together, if you like."

Livia scrunched up her nose as she chuckled. "That would be lovely."

"After last class I'll meet you in the library then," Tom decided. "Don't be late."

"I'll see how I feel," Livia said cheekily. Tom only rolled his eyes and kissed her quickly on her cheek before walking away.

Again, as life goes, when Livia wanted time to go quickly, it went as slowly as it could. By the time last class came around, Muggle Studies (which usually flew by thanks to Phoebe), Livia could hardly contain herself.

"Why are you in such a rush?" Phoebe asked when Livia checked the time for the third time.

"I'm meeting Tom after class," Livia said. "In the library. To study."

Phoebe raised her eyebrows. "To study?"

"Yeah," Livia confirmed. "I told him I found the Potions exam hard, so he suggested we study together."

Phoebe chuckled. "He is not bringing you to the library to just study."

"What are you on about?" Livia laughed as Phoebe gave her a knowing look.

"Don't you realise that study is a code word for sex?" Phoebe said, giggling madly.

Livia's mouth fell open. "No it's not!"

Phoebe was laughing too hard to reply, so she only nodded while she clapped her hands twice. After she had calmed down, she pointed at her friend. "You better get ready, my friend."

Livia looked up at their professor to make sure the lady hadn't been listening to their conversation. "I'm not having sex in the library."

The bell rang at that moment which made Phoebe gasp loudly. "Off you go, Livi!"

Livia stuck her tongue out at Phoebe before quickly leaving the classroom and making her way towards the library.

She arrived at her destination before what Phoebe has said could take over her mind. After a short wander, Livia found Tom at a table in the back of the library. The hidden table made Livia's mind wonder a small bit.

"Hey Angel," Tom said. His back was facing her, so Livia wondered how he saw her approaching. The dark-haired boy turned to look at her, smirking slightly. "Are you planning on joining me or are you just going to stare?"

Livia blushed slightly before composing herself. "As nice as the staring sounds, I need to pass my Potions NEWT."

Tom chuckled as Livia sat down beside him and took out her supplies. She flipped her textbook open to the chapter that came up on the exam that morning.

"Read through the chapter," Tom ordered. "We'll discuss it afterwards."

Livia nodded and leaned forward to read her book, one elbow leaning in the table while the other rested next to her potions textbook.

Livia found herself concentrating really well. She felt focused, although the information didn't properly sink in. That was until Tom's hand slowly reached to rest on hers.

His large almost covered hers entirely, and felt cold against her skin. Livia had no idea how such an innocent touch could sent shock waves up her arm and awaken the butterflies in her stomach. She chanced a glance at Tom, who was still focused on his own textbook, unaware of what Livia was feeling at that moment.

Livia hadn't been in many relationships, but it had to take someone special to make her feel this way, right? Hand holding was such a basic thing to do, but holding Tom's hand made Livia's heart swell, and she never wanted to let go.

And when Tom lifted Livia's hand off the table and pressed his lips to her knuckles, Livia could've sworn her heart skipped a beat.

She knew it was obvious. She knew she was falling for him.