⇝Cravings

Livia's face turned sour as soon as the potion slid down her throat. She gaged, throwing her hand over her mouth to stop herself from doing so. She smacked her lips a few times, trying to get rid of that awful taste.

"I know it tastes horrible," the matron spoke, turning the cap back onto the potion bottle. "But it'll help you sleep."

Livia nodded and turned to Phoebe, who was sitting next to her bed. "Have you seen Noah lately?"

Phoebe nodded. "Yeah. He seems fine. His friends don't seem too dodgy, surprisingly."

Livia chuckled. "He's a good kid. Won't get involved with the wrong people."

They continued their conversation until the matron approached again, telling Phoebe it was time she left.

"Ok," Phoebe slapped her thighs and stood up. "Don't dream about me too much," she winked at Livia.

"This potion won't let me," Livia replied. "Unfortunately."

Phoebe left without another word, leaving Livia to get a, hopefully, good night sleep, which seemed impossible lately. During all three nights she'd been in the hospital wing, Livia always found herself tossing and turning for hours; hopefully this potion would make her pass out.

After the matron bid her goodnight, Livia closed her eyes. Thankfully, the potion worked straight away and Livia fell into a dreamless sleep.

Livia awoke some hours later. The Hospital Wing was silent and still. Darkness had settled around her and it took Livia's eyes a few moments to adjust. Her head turned to the chair Phoebe had been sitting in a few hours ago. It was taken by another figure, who's eyes were directed on Livia.

"Hello Angel," the figure said once Livia had looked in their direction.

"You," Livia gasped, her eyes recognised Tom Riddle even in the semi-darkness.

"You're happy to see me," Tom said as Livia sat up in the bed.

"You've got the wrong idea," Livia spat. "Where've you been?"

Tom raised an eyebrow. "You were looking for me?"

Livia hated the way his stare made her feel.

"I want to know why you've been brainwashing my brother against me!" Livia hissed, ignoring the feelings.

"Is that the only reason you've wanted to see me?" Tom asked. When Livia didn't reply, he smiled. "Oh, so you've missed me?"

Livia scowled but couldn't find words to tell him he was wrong. She was never the best at lying. "I have not!" She exclaimed pathetically.

Tom chuckled and leaned closer to the bed. "Tell me why you've missed me."

"I haven't missed you," Livia insisted.

"But you've missed how I make you feel," Tom comprised.

"Why would anyone miss feeling infuriated-"

Tom's laugh cut Livia off. It was mocking, yet calming. "You only feel infuriated because you won't give in to your own feelings."

Livia couldn't reply, not even knowing what Tom meant.

"The amount of times you've blushed because of how I looked at you," Tom began. "And when you look at me, you're eyes go all droopy and dream-like. You may have pushed me away in the broom shed but you felt something. Something different."

Livia glared at Tom, trying to be as icy cold as possible.

Tom leaned even closer. Livia didn't budge, making Tom's face stop inches away from Livia's.

"How did you feel after the broomshed," Tom asked.

"Scared," Livia admitted in a whisper.

"I meant physically," Tom said. "What was your body's reaction?"

Livia didn't answer, to ashamed and embarrassed by the thoughts that came to her mind. She was transfixed by that mark on her neck for days, and by the lips that put it there.

Tom grinned triumply. "You crave me."

"No I don't," Livia fought back, not letting herself believe it.

"You do," Tom sighed. He glanced down at her lips, looking back at her eyes so quickly, Livia thought she might've imagined it. "I think you should give in to your cravings. Let your body do what it thinks is right."

"But it's not right," Livia croaked, looking more vulnerable by the second.

Tom looked at her deeply. Something unfamiliar filled his irises. Desire. "Then do what's wrong," he said.

And Livia did. She did the worst thing she could possibly do. The one thing she vowed to avoid, at all costs, for she didn't know what the consequences would be.

She kissed him.

Their lips connected in an almost painful crash. Livia's hands went straight to his jaw, desperately trying to pull Tom closer. Tom's hands landed on her waist, allowing himself to be pulled off his chair.

The kiss was raw and messy, with wild tongues and clanking teeth. But neither cared, for the hunger they felt for each other was too strong.

Alarms of warning were going off in Livia's head, but she ignored them. Kissing Tom was pure bliss. He tasted of firewiskey, or of what Livia believed firewhiskey to taste like, and he smelt of mint.

The feelings that racked Livia's body were unfamiliar yet perfect. The flutter of butterfly wings blossomed in every part of her body. She never wanted it to stop.

Tom pulled away first, basically on top of Livia at this point. His eyes were dazed, his lips pink and parted.

No words were spoken for a few months. Livia felt like she was floating on air and all she could think about was kissing Tom again.

She moved to fulfil her wish but Tom stopped her, pressing his index finger to her lips. He gently shook his head.

"I want-" Livia began, her voice soft and pleading.

"Not tonight Angel," Tom whispered. "You're still injured."

Livia had forgotten all about her concussion and her broken arm, which was still bandaged up, felt as light as ever.

Tom wriggled himself onto the edge of the bed, his arm going around her shoulders. Livia leaned into him and must have fallen asleep, since Tom was gone the next time she opened her eyes.