⇝Valentine's

"He didn't ask me," Livia said glumly as she sat with Phoebe in the Great Hall for breakfast. "It's Valentine's Day and he didn't ask me to Hogsmede."

The castle had been heavily decorated for the day, which Livia loved. Tiny hearts could be seen wherever the students looked, and red and pink streamers hung from the doorways. Since it was Valentine's Day, it was normal for students to sit at other house tables to be with their partners, which is why Livia was eating pancakes with the Gryffindors.

"I hate to say it, but you guys aren't dating yet," Phoebe said softly, trying not to upset her friend. "Maybe that's why he didn't ask you."

Livia sighed and popped a strawberry into her mouth. "Are you going to Hogsmede with anyone?"

"I'm going with you now, I presume," Phoebe grinned. "Thankfully. Adam Reed has been hinting we go together, now I have an excuse not to."

Livia rolled her eyes and finished her breakfast.  "Can we go?"

"Merlin give me a chance," Phoebe groaned when Livia stood up before getting an answer. The blonde Gryffindor shoved the remainder of her breakfast into her mouth before sprinting after her friend.

"We should go to that new tea shop," Phoebe suggested excitedly. "It's where all the couples are going today!"

Livia's mouth dropped open. "Are you coming onto me?" she asked sarcastically.

Phoebe only winked, which sent Livia into a fit of laughter. They half ran to Madam Puddifoot's tea shop, bursting into the little cafe loudly.

"It's like people haven't seen two girls having tea together before," Phoebe complained as they sat down. Livia looked around and realised they were getting a few stares.

"They're just jealous," Livia shrugged. "Because my date is extremely good looking."

"Babe stop," Phoebe said in a horrible American accent.

"Is that what your cousins sound like?" Livia laughed. Phoebe was a muggle born, and had cousins all over the world who had no idea she was a witch.

Phoebe nodded. "Jason has a girlfriend now. I was there last summer and I never want to go back if she's still around."

They continued their little 'date' with lots of jokes and laughter. Livia found herself forgetting about Tom for a while, fulling enjoying spending time with her friend.

"I didn't know Cora had a boyfriend," Phoebe said as they left the shop. They had just passed Cora, who was sitting at a table with a blonde boy, who Livia knew was a Ravenclaw.

"They're not dating yet," Livia explained. "But it's only a matter of time."

As most days with Phoebe, time flew by fairly quickly. It was time to head back to the castle for dinner in no time. Spaghetti and meatballs were on the menu, and Phoebe spent a while explaining to Livia the story of Lady and the Tramp.

"Dogs can't kiss though," Livia said as they stood up once they finished their dinner. "They just lick you like crazy."

"It's a cartoon Liv," Phoebe laughed. "It's not actually real."

Someone clearing their throat stopped their conversation. They were about to leave the Great Hall when Tom appeared out of nowhere, a small smile on his face.

"Care for a stroll?" Tok asked, nodding his head towards the castle doors.

After sharing an happy look with Phoebe, Livia nodded and followed Tom out of the castle.

They sun had already began to set, twilight quickly approaching. Tom and Livia walked down to the Black Lake in silence. It wasn't awkward, but Livia really wished Tom would say something.

"How was your day?" Tom asked casually once they reached the lake.

"Good," Livia responded. "I went to Hogsmede with Phoebe. What did you do?"

Tom shrugged. "Just hung around the castle."

Livia gave a nod, looking around. "Let's sit down," she suggested. "Under the tree."

Tom followed Livia to the tree and sat down in the cold grass beneath it. Livia day next to him in silence.

The dusk light made the Black lake look spectacular and calm. Although the castle grounds looked nice at this hour, it still was fairly cold. Livia felt herself shiver.

"Here," Tom said softly, wrapping his arm around her shoulders. Livia smiled and leaned into his side, her head resting on his shoulder.

"How come you're interested in me?" Livia asked.

Tom looked surprised. "Why wouldn't I be interested in you?"

"I'm nothing special," Livia chuckled. "There's so many other girls that are much more interesting than me."

"You're Livia Wade," Tom said. "Descendant of Rowena Ravenclaw, Ravenclaw chaser and a very pretty girl. You're pretty special to a lot of people."

"To who?" Livia asked, waiting in anticipation for his answer.

Tom paused for a moment, letting out a few breaths. "All of your friends, Noah, me."

Livia looked up at Tom. "You think I'm special?"

Tom caught her gaze. "Extremely."

For the first time, Tom initiated the kiss. He dipped his head and pressed his lips to hers softly. It took Livia a millisecond to respond, moving her hand to his cheek.

He hadn't kissed her like this since the night in the hospital wing, and Livia had forgotten how amazing it felt to kiss Tom Riddle. His lips moulded onto hers perfectly and sent tingles through her veins.

Tom's hand moved to her waist as the kiss grew deeper. Livia felt pure bliss as his fingers traced up and down her thighs. The kiss was a perfect mixture of wild and calm, Tom slowing his movements just as Livia was about to loose control, which drove her insane.

Tom's lips moved to Livia's neck, leaving tiny red marks along her collarbone. Livia felt hot, and couldn't stop the little moans from escaping her lips.

Livia began to unbutton her school blouse, hoping to give Tom more access. As soon as she did this, Tom pulled away.

"Livia," Tom whispered. "Not now. Not here."

"But I want you Tom," Livia said in full confidence. Her mind was clouded and all she could think about was him.

Tom's lips broke into a smile. "I know, and I want to too. But I don't want you to rush into something you mightn't be ready for."

This annoyed Livia since she was entirely sure she was ready for it. Ready for him. But the sweet smile that lingered on his swollen lips made her smile and forget her anger. "Ok," she breathed happily.

Tom kisses her cheek. "Let's head back to the castle."

Livia nodded and allow Tom to lead her by the hand, trying her best to ignore the burning sensation she felt in her stomach.