⇝The Semi

On a weekend in mid April, all seventh years collectively put their books away and decided to forget about their incoming exams. The reason for this? Today was the day of a quidditch match, but not any random match.

"Right," Conor announced, clapping his hands together. "This is the semi final. So we need to be focused."

"We're playing against Hufflepuff, Burke," Cora said. "We've got this in the bag."

"Don't underestimate those badgers, Cora," Conor said. "Hufflepuff's a good team."

"You're only saying that because you fancy their seeker," Andrew said. He was only a fourth year, but the encouragement he received from the teams beaters, Milo and William, gave him the confidence to talk back to his seventh year captain.

Conor glared at the Ravenclaw seeker. "Shut up, Walker. Now, Hufflepuff beat Slytherin, which means they have extra points. We need to win by at least 50 points. So Andrew, don't catch the snitch until we're 50 points up."

The young boy nodded, his previous confident having dimmed.

"Now let's go with this thing, eh?" Conor shouted.

The team let out a collection of hoots and hollers, hyping themselves up for the game. The dressing room doors were opened, and the Ravenclaws made their way out onto the pitch.

The cheers they received made Livia beam with pride. She really was quite lucky to be able to represent her house while doing the thing she loved.

The Hufflepuff team were already on the pitch, dressed in their canary yellow robes. Conor shook hands with their captain, a short girl with short blonde hair.

"On my whistle," the referee said. She waited extra long this time, leaving the players in their squatted position while they anxiously waited for the game to start.

The whistle tore through the air and Livia shot into the air. She grabbed the quaffle and rushed towards the Hufflepuff hoops. A bludger cake crashing into her broom tail and she was sent flying in circles. As a result, she dropped the quaffle and sent the chaser that stole it from her a very dirty look.

Hufflepuff scored, which meant Ravenclaw would now have to score at least six goals to have any chance of winning.

Livia watched as Cora, being as passionate as she was, manage to snatch the quaffle from the opposing team. The girl soared towards the hoops, almost lying flat on her broomstick. She scored and Livia joined in with the cheers of the crowd.

The game continued with Conor gaining two more points for Ravenclaw, Livia gaining one and Cora scoring one other goal. Hufflepuff had only scored 20 points so far; Ravenclaw were 40 points ahead. They only needed one more goal...

"It seems like Hufflepuff Captain, Belle Candid, has spotted the snitch!" The commentator announced into the megaphone. "Go Belle!"

"Cora!" Livia screamed from her position next to the Hufflepuff hoops. "I'm open!"

Either Cora didn't hear her or she ignored Livia's call, for the chaser continued to head for the hoops, her eyes full of determination of reaching her goal.

"And Andrew Walker is hot on Belle Candid's tail, but Belle reaches for the snitch-"

The quaffle leaves Cora's fingertips at an alarming speed. She aimed at the left hoop, ut the ball ended up veering left and missing its target entirely.

"Ohh unlucky Hufflepuff," the commentator said. "That snitch is just too quick."

"I never want to see something like that again," Conor yelled in Livia and Cora's direction. "She was open, Cora! We could've lost due to your risk taking!"

Cora didn't say anything but flew away, but even from far away Livia could see the scowl on Cora's face. Livia turned away from her friend, focusing on the game.

Livia predicated an opening, a Hufflepuff chaser about to pass the quaffle to a team mate. Livia swooped in at the right moment, catching the quaffle in mid air. She darted to the hoops, scoring.

"Find the snitch, Andrew," Livia heard Conor yell. The Ravenclaw seeker was floating above the rest of the player. Livia's breath caught in her throat when he unexpectedly dived.

The Hufflepuff seeker spotted Andrew and joined in on the chase. The screams from the crowd grew louder; the players themselves joining in and forgetting about the actual game.

Both seekers stopped diving meters from the ground and for a moment, it seemed like neither of them caught the snitch. That was until Andrew lifted his fist into the air, two golden wings protruding from between his fingers.

"Ravenclaw gets the snitch!" The commentator yelled. "Ravenclaw wins!"

A sea of blue and silver flooded onto the pitch within seconds, wanting to congratulate their team. As soon as Livia's feet touched the grassy floor, Phoebe had thrown her arms around her and shook her around.

Once free from her friends arms, Livia looked around for Tom but she couldn't see him anywhere. She didn't have time to dwell on it as someone else had pulled her into a tight hug.

"We've gone and done it," Conor yelled into her ear. "We've made the final!"

Livia laughed and continued to celebrate the win with her teammates.

A/N
I actually hate writing quidditch matches so that's why this is so bad I'm sorry lol