⇝Christmas

Thankfully, Livia was well enough to join her friends on the Hogwarts Express. The ride went quickly, full of excited chatter about the Christmas holidays.

Livia was excited about something other than Christmas. Ever since Tom has snuck into the hospital wing that night, she's been dreaming of their next meeting. Unfortunately, Tom was nowhere to be seen in the following days.

"Merry Christmas Phoebe," Livia said as she hugged her friend goodbye. "I'll see you soon."

"Not soon enough," Phoebe said, pulling away and looking over her shoulder. Her two older brothers stood a bit away from them, their eyes darting around the platform in excitement. "I don't know how I'll survive with those idiots."

"Play nice," Livia said and pushed Phoebe in the direction of her family. She then began her search for Noah.

She searched the crowd for her short brother, eventually spotting his dark hair. Sliding through the crowd, Livia allowed her brother to say goodbye to his friends before pulling him off the platform.

Livia smiled as Noah ran to greet their mother. Mia Wade was a very family orientated lady, so losing her children for a few months was a big deal to her, which is why she gave both Noah and Livia a suffocating bear hug.

"Don't kill them Mia," came the voice of Joey Wade. "Or embarrass them. It's the same thing nowadays."

Livia wriggled out of her mother's grip to hug her dad. The Wade family then left Kings Cross station.

Their house was spacious yet cosy. It was full of books, mostly written by famous astronomers. Their Christmas tree stood in the centre of the living room, decorated in blue and silver to replicate the tree in the Ravenclaw common room, which is where Mia and Joey met for the first time.

On Christmas Day, the family sat in the living room in matching pajamas. They were emerald this year, probably to signify the Slytherin in the House. They each had a cup of hot cocoa in their laps, except for Noah who was playing with his Christmas present.

"Mind the cupboard!" Mia exclaimed when the end of Noah's new broom came dangerously close to the piece of furniture.

"The crown is behind the glass," Noah said, holding his broom close to his chest. "I wouldn't of hit it!"

Livia's mum stood up and went over to the cupboard. "It's a diadem and you still could've damaged it."

"I don't know why you keep that old thing Mia," Joey said before taking a sip of hot cocoa.

"It's antique," Livia's mum cut in. She opened a draw and took out

"You shouldn't leave it out like that," Joey said as Mia unlocked the glass door. "A burglar could see it easily."

Mia showed him the key. "They won't be able to get to it."

"Mom. I doubt a burglar is going to search for a key," Livia pipped up. "They'll just break the glass."

Mia didn't reply. She picked up the tiara and held it for the family to see. "It's my most precious heirloom. Rowena Ravenclaws Diadem has been passed down in my family for generations."

Nobody in the family decided to comment after that, silently agreeing to allow Mom to have her special moment.

"So Noah," Livia began. "Are you gonna try out for the Slytherin team with that new broom?"

Noah nodded. "If there's a vacant spot. And I'll have to practice more, so I'm too good not to get a spot."

"Let's practice now then," Livia said. "Let me get my broom and I'll meet you outside."

Noah grinned at his sister before the siblings separated.