⇝The Library

Love.

Livia had never felt love like this before. Of course she loved her friends and her family, but the love she felt for Tom-and the love he declared he felt for her-felt completely different to the love she had grown up with. She had read about love in romantic novels, seen it in movies whenever she went to Phoebe's muggle home. These stories usually contained a beautiful damsel, which Livia definetly was not, so she was confused as to how Tom-the handsome knight in their love story-could love such an ordinary girl. Although she was still quite young, Livia believed Tom was the one; he made her feel like the only girl in the world.

As their NEWT exams were approaching, Tom and Livia spent most of their time in the library. They claimed a table at the real back of the library, hidden away from the rest of the world. They weren't public with their relationship, since Tom didn't want to be. Although Livia wished she could show affection towards Tom in the school corridors, she was fine with Tom's decision for them to keep everything private. The sneaking around almost felt like a plot in a romance novel, and Livia loved it.

Livia sat opposite Tom with her Charms textbook open in front of her. She soon found herself growing bored of her work, especially with Tom sitting in front of her with his jaw clenched as he focused on his potions notes. Livia smiled at the wonderful sight in front of her, before standing up and letting her smile turn into a smirk.

She lifted his arm and slid into his lap, pressing her chest against Tom's. Tom didn't react and continued writing, much to Livia's annoyance. She was about to comment on it when someone rounded the corner.

"This is unacceptable behavior for a library," the greying librarian commented bitterly, waving a heavy book at the two students. Livia muttered an apology and slowly removed herself from Tom. The librarian stared at her for another few moments, clearly disgusted at her behavior. The lady shoved the book into the shelf and walked away.

Once certain the librarian was gone, Livia returned to her spot in Tom's lap. This time she got a reaction from Tom, an amused chuckle.

"I'm a bad influence on you," Tom commented, still not taking his eyes off his notes. "The Livia Wade that existed last year would never be in the position in the school library that you are now."

Livia bit her bottom lip while she smiled. She pressed her lips to his quickly, before moving to kiss down his neck gently.

"I need to study Livia," Tom whispered, moving his hand to rest on her back and finally turning his head to look at her.

"I'm bored of studying," Livia stated, sounding very much like a child. The corners of Tom's lips curved up, and Livia felt a trickle of pride from making him smile. She played with the hair at the nape of Tom's neck and kissed him again.

"You've quidditch practice in an hour," Tom reminded her, his words muffled ever so slightly by Livia's lips.

"An hours a long time," Livia said.

"But," Tom pressed while he gently pushed her away from him. " The Ravenclaw door is cursed to give a hard riddle when you're in a rush."

Livia tutted. He was right, and she didn't want to admit it but the smile he was sending her made her crumble. "You're right. I'd better get going."

"I'll see you soon Angel," Tom said, kissing her on the cheek before allowing her to climb off him.

Livia quickly packed her stuff and left the library, missing Tom as soon as she left him.