when the stars align

blood for noatra; book 1

A king, a criminal, and a knight,
Wear the crowns of Red, Black and White.
Crowns of Gold, Blue and Green,
To those who are hardly seen.
Night peacefully ruled,
Till blood splattered everywhere.
Six kingdoms, lined with the stars,
All until one took over.

Vera Carmicheal knows that she's not meant to be the thieving murderer that she is today. Her mother fed her the stories of who she's supposed to be - a hero, a saviour and last but not least, a queen.

But she doesn't want that life. She's done everything she could to keep herself from facing that destiny, but fate has its own ways of getting what it wants.

And fate has Vera kneeling in front of the one person that could ruin it all for her.

author's note

[update: april 2020]

i've never been the one to plan out my stories thoroughly, or edit before posting chapters because i'd rather share the raw, first draft with the world (for some reason). that being said, this needs to be heavily edited because the first 50k words were spontaneously written in the span of the month of november. there's a bit of a weird timeline that needs to be fixed in future edits, too. 

[update: february 2022]

if you missed it, i took this book down last year because i wasn't really happy with how this book set up the next book. i wanted to rewrite this before continuing with the rest of the series.

well turns out i don't have to time to edit this haha!

i miss having this up so i'm publishing it again -- again, super unedited. super messy. if i take it down later, it's because i'm actually rewriting it this time.

[warning]

this book mentions the topic of rape, drug abuse/addiction and suicide.

i'm going to say right now that these topics are supposed to hit the surface and i haven't researched them in detail as i wrote the book. the information from this is mostly coming from what i learned in health classes and presentations. please don't attack me in this first draft.

playlist

trigger | major lazer, khalid

if the world was ending | jp saxe, julia michaels

hollywood's bleeding | post malone

don't call me angel | ariana grande, miley cyrus, lana del ray

in your arms | illenium, x ambassadors

when the party's over | billie eilish

royals | lorde

slow dance | aj mitchell, ava max

lover of mine | 5 seconds of summer

before october's gone | cimorelli

full playlist in external link