before

THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO when mankind first stepped onto the land, the ancient powers took note. They watched as men evolved, realising the land needed a ruler. They watched families as they made it obvious who could rule. They watched carefully.

When mankind began building their castles, the homes of the kings and queens and generations to come, they decided to build aligned with the brightest stars in the midnight sky. The specks of white and gold, and the faint greens and blues.

On a cold October night, there were six kingdoms, six families, six young rulers sitting on thrones of trust. The ancient powers put their trust within the rulers, the families, a vibrant colour blood flowing through their veins.

Auxillium - the kingdom of white, with blood the colour of snow. Coronom - the kingdom of rose petals and red rubies. Alynthi - with hearts of pure gold and Sylvanie - with lush green gardens and the greatest of food. Caelum had the bluest skies, the clearest waters. And Noatra - the kingdom of the night.

Six amulets were built to contain the ancient powers, handed down generation to generation of rulers. And every year that passes, the power grows stronger, contained within the amulets, the families, the bloodlines. Whoever possesses them has power. But not all could control it.

When the stars align perfectly with the kingdoms, every 200 years, the power cannot be contained anymore. The proper heir with the proper kingdom must have their own amulet, or it will cause destruction within the kingdoms.

Greed was a one way street to doom.

That was, until 187 years ago, where five castles fell, five kingdoms disappeared, five bloodlines wiped from the land. It was until the blood of greedy men was woven into the soils mankind walked on, until power in the head took over the power of the heart, that everything was okay.

But now, the king of Noatra had red blood.

And Her Highness was hardly amused. 

a/n: this prologue type thing sucks but i hope you enjoy the rest of the story!