Five

After arriving at the Bat Cave, Damian proceeded to pointedly ignore all of the teasing his brothers aimed at him whilst removing his Robin costume.

Starting off with the domino mask, it took all of Damian's willpower not to shoot a glare at Jason when a blush had formed on his neck, due to the fact that the man had joked that Marinette and him were a couple.

Batman, keeping a stoic expression despite his confusion, questioned, "Dick, I heard you talking to Selina. Did something happen?"

"Yup, Baby Bird here got himself a girlfriend." He gestured to Damian, who had just hung up his Robin suit.

Raising a brow, Bruce asked, "Is the girl okay? I'm assuming she was the one he referred to as Angel on comms, right?"

Tim laughed, saying, "Man, I thought I was a charmer, but Dami? You had to have been there to see how worried he was for her."

Turning around, Damian caught the slight upturn of his father's lips as he mused, "Dami?"

Said person just growled under his breath, walking towards the Bat Computer with gritted teeth. Typing on the keyboard of it, he pulled up records of all people attending Gotham Academy, his eyes scanning for Marinette.

Jason and Tim only watched, amused, whilst Richard walked up behind Damian and quizzed, "Why are you looking at her school profile?"

His brother only grunted in response, finally finding the girl's name. Clicking on it, an image of her appeared, making all of the males focus their gazes on it.

The photo consisted of Marinette in school uniform, smiling awkwardly at the camera while a soft light shone on her face. It highlighted the freckles dotted on her cheeks, and defined the specks in her bluebell irises. On her blazer, a miniature pin of a ladybug sat, fastened to the collar.

Damian found himself fixated on the image, oblivious to the snickering behind him.

"She's a keeper, Demon Spawn."

"Todd, if you don't-"

"That's enough," Bruce decided, strolling in front of the computer screen. "It's quite late. You should all be heading to bed."

Nodding reluctantly, Damian's brothers left, leaving him alone with his father as he began to close the profile of his classmate. Standing up from his chair, he pushed it away, only to come face-to-face with Bruce Wayne.

He wasn't intimidated. Rather, he was slightly annoyed as he maneuvered past the man.

"You should invite her over, Damian," Batman said, still in costume. "She must be very special if you worried about her as much as you did."

Though the statement seemed like a joke, Damian knew better than to ignore the advice, and so he just nodded. "I'll think about it."

Making his way to the exit of the Bat Cave, he didn't notice Bruce turn to the computer to bring back up Marinette's profile.

~*~*~

A Mercedes pulled up on a pavement beside Gotham Academy, the tinted windows of it making students suspiciously turn their heads in secret towards it.

Marinette gently placed Tikki and Kaalki in her blazer pocket, allowing the kwami to nestle themselves into its warmth. Smiling, the girl pulled out the Horse miraculous, putting it on.

The shades morphed into rose pink glasses with no lenses. Marinette leaned forward, her head poking out from behind the driver's seat.

Poison Ivy placed a sweet kiss on her cheek, reminding her, "Remember, Flower; Harley will pick you up after school just like yesterday, okay?"

"Okay," she replied, opening up the car door. "Bye, Auntie."

"See you later, my Flower."

Marinette closed the car door, glancing at the school entrance. Walking up the steps, she entered Gotham Academy, peering about.

She decided to pull out her timetable, noting that her first lesson was Mathematics. However, the bell wasn't due to ring for another ten minutes, allowing Marinette to carry on searching the building.

In her hands, the box of cookies that she had baked yesterday with Harley sat, waiting to be consumed.

Of course, she had to find a consumer first.

Nervous eyes scanned the crowds, trying to find a male with charcoal hair and a constant frown.

From behind, Marinette picked up on faint footsteps as she swivelled around. Sighing in relief, she walked up to the approaching male, box held out.

He raised an eyebrow at it, causing Marinette to blush in embarrassment.

"U-Umm..." she fumbled, looking to the side. "I thought you would enjoy some cookies I made at home. My parents are bakers, so..."

She gestured to the cookies, before saying, "O-Or not! You, you don't have to have them since I'm not trying to force you to or anyth-"

"I'd be happy to try them, Angel," Damian stated, smirking at the red on her cheeks.

Dear Lord. This boy is going to be the end of me.

~*~*~

By 'goddessofthewestwind' on Tumblr: