Eleven

"Are you sure you'll be okay walking home by yourself?" Damian quizzed, a worried expression apparent on his face.

"I'll be fine Dami," Marinette giggled. "I've already texted my aunts to tell them I'm coming back, anyway, so they'll be ready for me."

He offered, "I can walk you home if you want, or Alfred could escort you if that were preferable."

She chuckled. "Don't worry. I've already been around Gotham a few times, and I'm sure that the local heroes will be out if that helps."

Though the argument was weak, it assured Damian of her safety, prompting him to let out a sigh of relief. "Okay, Angel. I'll see you tomorrow in school, then?"

A smile graced her features at the question, as she responded, "Definitely, Dami. Especially after I promised Claude, Allegra and Allen more food to eat. Oh, and I can't forget making you some of course!"

The other teenager blushed a light rose, eyes widening whilst he turned his head to the side.

"Don't mind us, lovebirds. Just carry on with the flirting when we're here, why don't you?"

Straight after finishing the tease, the given answer was a low snarl from Damian's throat, laced with a slight waver. It only accentuated when Jason sent him a knowing smirk.

"Todd..."

Bruce, standing off to the side, felt his lips twitch up, seeing the pink flooding both of the younger ones' cheeks. Dick only sighed with a grin right beside him.

"I hope you'll get home safe, Marinette."

"T-Thank you, Bruce. I'm sure I will," she squeaked, catching the attention of the surrounding males.

Bruce stepped forward, towering above the girl's miniature form yet with a warm smile.

"I'm so sorry about the mess in the kitchen, as well," she apologised again. "But thank you for understanding."

"Oh, I know all too well what it's like for my children to create something like that, and worse."

Marinette laughed, covering her mouth with a hand. Damian, who was scanning his father's expressions intently, internally groaned for the hundredth time in the day, knowing what would be following soon.

"It would be great if you'd visit again, Marinette. You're a great friend to Damian."

"O-Oh! I'd love to come over again! I had fun here today."

Her friend cleared his throat loudly, making her focus on him. He said, "I'll lead you out, Angel," beginning to walk out of the front door.

"Yes, of course."

Marinette strolled behind his figure, exiting the spacious mansion as her eyes were met with the beautiful view of the outside. The same fountains were scattered about in a designated pattern - the water gushing infinitely into the circular baths.

"Thank you for the great time," she spoke up, glancing in Damian's direction on the soft grass. "I loved spending time with you."

Rouge flooded his skin. "I-I loved the time I spent here with you, too."

There was a prolonged quiet after his reply, which was broken a few seconds into it by Damian's dry remark of, "And I'm sure Alfred did too."

Gazing downwards, Marinette caught sight of onyx fur in her vision, that sauntered around her ankles with a tail unfurling happily. She awed, scooping up the feline with sparkles seemingly shimmering in her eyes.

The female pushed him against her chest, feeling the animal's nose snuggle into her blazer's warmth readily. Meowing, he turned his head to Damian, that was kissed at the top by pale pink lips.

Hearing a snort from behind, Damian looked back at the manor's entrance. There, poking out from behind the corner, was Jason's mop of dark hair, along with Dick's.

He sighed, rubbing at his chin with a muscular hand.

"So...would you be okay with me visiting again?" Marinette questioned, fiddling with the strap of her spotted backpack.

"I am definitely okay with it, Angel. In fact, I'd hope you do."

He was not prepared for the quick peck on his right cheek, issued by the Parisian in front of him all of a sudden.

"B-Bye, Dami! I'll text you when I get home!"

Her high-pitched voice speedily decreased in volume, as she made her way down the building's path, which lead to the streets ahead.

"Well, well, well, Demon Spawn. Good luck trying to keep your girlfriend away from us now."

"Shut it, Todd!" Damian growled, though the glare he levelled at his brother was made weaker by the burning red on his face.

"That's enough," Bruce decided, a note of finality in his tone. "I suggest we suit up to make sure Marinette gets home safe."