Fifteen

"Angel?"

Marinette let out an almost inaudible groan, as she fought to flutter her heavy eyes open. When finally managing to, she was met with the sight of emerald looking her over in worry.

"D-Dami?" she muttered.

"Yes, it's me," he confirmed. "Are you okay?"

Damian held out a hand, and she took it to sit up. That was when she noticed that beneath her was a blanketless bed, with a soft pillow where her head was just at.

The girl nodded in confirmation at his question, and heard him let out a quiet sigh of relief.

"What happened? You fainted after seeing the stitches I had at my cheek."

She squinted for a few moments. Then, the memory of before flashed through her mind again, and she found herself staring at him with wide eyes.

"Angel, are you okay? Do you need to lie back down again?"

A pointed nudge from within her blazer pocket made her break out of her stupor, and process the question when a few seconds had passed.

"N-No, I-I don't. I just...how did you get hurt in the first place?"

"It was a hostage situation," Damian responded curtly. "However, it is quite a common occurrence, so you needn't worry."

Marinette raised a brow, thinking, I'm pretty sure all those posh words are a clear sign that he's lying.

She opened her mouth to speak, though her words were suddenly interrupted when the door to the school's infirmary was slammed open. Two women practically rushed in.

"Sweetie Pie!"

"Flower!"

Arms enveloped the designer tightly, and she immediately returned the embrace they brought her in. A hand smoothed out her silky locks, whilst another stroked down her back.

"I've got you, Sugar," Harley soothed, before moving back to sit beside her. Poison Ivy did the same, and Marinette allowed herself to lean into the plant lover's body.

The clown faced Damian - who was watching from a chair beside the bed - and held a hand out. "Her aunt," she provided.

He shook it in a firm grip, then let go.

"I must say, it's great to finally meet our niece's boyfriend."

"Auntie!" Marinette broke in, blushing profusely. "He's n-not my boyfriend!"

"Right," Pamela teased, much to the younger one's embarrassment as she buried her head in the woman's chest. She simply chuckled and gave Harley a knowing glance from above the girl's head.

"Okay, listen here, Kid. You treat her wrong in any way and you'll be dealing with our wrath," she whispered threateningly.

Damian felt his lips twitching upwards. "I'd take it if I made her upset."

They regarded one another for half a minute. That was until Harley chuckled, and stated, "Hmm. You two suit each other. Just make sure to keep her safe, ya got that?"

Whilst that exchange was going on, Marinette tilted her head up and quizzed, "Auntie, aren't your disguises a little obvious?"

What if Dami- Robin recognises them?

Ivy nodded. She then traced the jewellery around the bluenette's neck, and said, "That doesn't really matter when an illusion is hiding your true looks."

Marinette's lips parted in surprise, as she scanned about the room. On a shelf housing plasters and bandages high-up, Trixx was lazing with a paw held in their direction.