Chapter 1

The smoke was finally starting to clear as another large explosion burst in the distance. The Horde armies had already cost so much damage, even in the few hours since they had landed. All the civilians had been swiftly given shelter in Plumeria, leaving the princesses alone with the swarming crowds of Horde soldiers. She-ra dodged another attack as she tried to gauge the number of troops. They seemed endless, like a flood of determined cockroaches. The bitter winds were the only thing keeping the alliance awake as the battle dragged into the night.

Just around midnight, when She-ra glitched back into Adora, a booming voice pierced its way through the shadows.

"Princesses! I think we can all agree this is a rather unfair battle, your twinkly magic up against the magnitude of the Horde. How would you like to stop this fighting? If you come easily, I'll consider enslavement over full-blown homicide."

His condescendingly toned threats tied Glimmer's stomach into knots. 

She gripped Micah's spear until her knuckles ached. "We will never surrender to you!"

The battlefield was silent for a moment, allowing the princesses to ease up.

"Very well....."

Another explosion shook the ground, constantly bringing more soldiers. Perfuma and Frosta managed to stop a few in their tracks, but it almost seemed tedious. Adora turned to Bow, weakly dragging her sword.

"This isn't working! There's too many of them."

"How do you suggest we get rid of them?"

Adora pondered it for a moment. "Before Catra..., before the switch was pulled, they sounded like some kind of alien race. Maybe we can exploit their weaknesses."

Glimmer teleported in from behind Bow. "Are you sure these things even have a weakness? They just seem like killing machines to me!"

Bow shoot a few arrows before continuing. "That's the thing! They may use machinery to enhance their fighting, but genetically they may be just as vulnerable as us."

Glimmer sighed "And this helps us because.."

"Because, if we can find their ship we can find what they use to survive.."

"We can counteract it, and destroy them once and for all!" Adora smirked.

"I can teleport us all." Glimmer volunteered.

"Not if we don't know where it is."

Adora held her sword with a tighter grasp and focused until she felt the warm flow of power coursing through her. 

"If Swiftwind is still making his rounds, he could spot it for us. I think I can get through to him."

She-ra focused until she could hear his voice, clear as day.

Swift Wind, where are you?

Right over the Whispering Woods, the soldiers seem to be coming from there.

She was confused. "Where do they keep coming from? it's pointless to hide in those woods."

There seems to be some kind of base or alien shelter, they have it all connected to the trees and everything.

Ok, thanks.

Adora turned to Glimmer, stern and focused. "Swift wind said their ship is in the middle of the woods. the sooner we investigate the better."

Glimmer rolled her eyes slightly, before shoving the two of them behind a large rock. "Adora, I hope you realize how close we are to losing this battle. we can't afford to leave."

"Bow can stay and watch over everything while we're gone, besides it won't take long."

glimmer considered it before teleporting them into the heart of the Whispering Woods.