Chapter 5

Back at the Brightmoon palace, the princesses stood outside the gates. 

Perfuma and Mermista held their hands out in front of them,  focusing their power on creating a barrier just outside of the Whispering Woods. even though Adora couldn't see it, she knew exactly how much energy it was taking to hold up the barrier. It was a job that needed to be done, all the civilians crowing in Plumeria, but it didn't mean that it wasn't taxing. 

In the throne room Shadow Weaver, Glimmer and Netossa had been holding up a barrier since earlier this morning. Adora had asked Bow how Glimmer could possibly do it for so long, and he'd mentioned some kind of spell Shadow Weaver had taught her. Adora shuttered.

"Hey, he placed his hand on her shoulder, I don't like it either, but it sure does help."

 Adora nodded.

Honestly, Adora had felt less determined to be helpful since the meeting ended. Sure, Bow and the princesses were practically the same, but Glimmer's stern tone had haunted Adora all night. She had also been thinking about finding Catra in the ship, having found her footing with the Magicats. She tried to think to when she had first arrived in Brightmoon. Glimmer had constantly laughed with Bow, teleporting him place to place, the princess had playfull banter during throneroom meetings and Angella's voice was heard throughout the castle, helping everyone along.

Now, in her She-ra form, all Adora heard were the chants and grunts of fighting, shadow weavers chanting to glimmer, and the beeping of Horde robots. Whether the destruction of the ship went well or not, Adora was glad all the tension would be over soon.

She had just beaten another Horde soldier to the floor when Glimmer bust through the door. "its time."

Adora and Bow ran into the castle just as the barrier sealed shut.