Chapter 6

All the Princesses stood before the widows, watching the clan of Horde attempt to slam their bodies against the barrier. It was only when Bow returned, that Adora looked away. All the Magicats that were entering nearly filled the room. Adora tried not to stare, but she couldn't help herself. All the Magicats had heterochromia in their eyes. Yellow and green, red and blue, purple and orange. None of them looked like Catra. Adora looked to where the ship stood in the Whispering Woods, then around the room again. She checked to see if Glimmer was out of earshot, and ran to Bow. 

"Shouldn't Catra be here? That ship is gonna blow any second now." Adora pouted.

Bow tried to look reassuring but was also nervous. "I'm sure she was just making some last-minute adjustments." He helped to ease the Magicats into their guestrooms.

Adora sighed defeatedly.

Suddenly, the ground rumbled and shook, tossing everyone from side to side. the wind turned hot.

"Get ready!" Glimmer shouted.

The explosion shattered the windows but was over in seconds. when Glimmer managed to step over the shards of glass, she gasped at the sight. The barriers had help up, but the battlefield was covered in chunks of metal and green ooze. Horde Prime stood atop his ruined ship. She smiled at the satisfaction.

Adora clasped her hand over her mouth. Faster then Glimmer even realized, Adora had transformed into She-ra and ran out to the battlefield. Glimmer teleported after her.

Sword pointed, She-ra stood before horde prime. "it's over, Horde. You failed."

Horde prime rolled his eyes. "I have not failed.  This was simply a trial round in my everlasting game of war."

This is just a game to you? Adora thought, fuming.

As if he could read her mind, he nodded. "And it's your beloved Catra's final round." He whipped Catra out from behind his back. She-ra tried to run for her but Glimmer held her by the wrists. The sword of protection clattered to her feet.

Glimmer noticed the soldiers behind Horde prime, disappearing like fading holograms.

Catra was alive, it seemed, but as sedated as she was, barley felt Horde's fingers holding her jaw. Horde, quick as a flash stabbed a metal pipe straight through Catra's abdomen, causing a horrific crunching sound. She-ra screamed as Horde himself disappeared. '

Breaking free from Glimmer's hold, she ran to Catra's side. She tried to examine the injuries, but the blood pooled too quickly, too much, too fast. Her white shorts were ruined as she lifted Catra close to her chest. She managed to step out of the rubble and notice Glimmer was gone.

Swift wind flew overhead.

"Swift Wind! Help! please!"

The alicorn swooped down, terrified. "We need to get her the castle, we don't have much time!"

Swift Wind nodded as they launched into the air. As the three hurried over the woods, Catra began to stir, gasping. Adora held her head up as her eyes slowly opened.

"a-a-Adora?" she struggled to speak. she looked around, disoriented.

"It's okay, I'm here," Adora whispered, stroking her hair.

Catra smiled slightly and started nodding off. Frantically, Adora tapped her shoulders. "You need to stay awake, okay? you're going to be okay." 

Swift wind dived towards the castle, going faster.

"You promise?"

"I promise."