Chapter 21

As the girls left the ship's remains, soldiers began to crowd them. Catra's back was against the wall.

"Glimmer?"

Glimmer tensed, letting her magic return to its usual pink, floating around the small planet. Suddenly the planet seemed to erupt. Becoming many large marbles, then becoming the size of pinheads. Glimmer forced a breath as she pushed the molecules into the abyss. Now, the two were floating in space. The stars twinkled above them as Catra and Hunter tunneled towards Etheria.

Catra woke up in the medical chambers of the Brightmoon palace. She initially panicked, not seeing Hunter anywhere, but felt soft hands on her shoulders. 

"Lyra?"

Lyra was another Magicat. She had known Catra, even before she was stolen into the Fright Zone. Her smile was warm and comforting. "Catra, finally. How do feel?"

"Like I fell off the face of a planet," Catra mumbled.

Lyra chuckled. "Well, now that you've healed, you need to get ready."

"Ready for what?"

Lyra left and returned with a sapphire blue emperor- cut dress. "She-Ra and the Magikingdom have been asked to renew their alliance to Brightmoon. You attending this ceremony marks the beginning of a new era."

"New era, huh?" Catra smiled.

Lyra pulled the drowsy Catra from her bed, pulling her behind a privacy curtain. Soon, Catra had put on the dress. She had never seen such a pretty garment before. She had never felt so beautiful in anything before. Lyra had finished knotting golden beads into Catra's hair when she reached to pull Kitrina's headdress off.

"Hey!" Catra hissed.

"I'm sorry Cat, you can't  wear this."

"Why not?"

"Wearing the headdress of our fallen Kitrina saddened us greatly. We want to create good times, yes?"

"Yes." Catra sighed. She handed Lyra the headdress and stared at her reflection until windchimes began to sing.

"The ceremony, it's starting!" Lyra gasped.

Lyra helped Catra walk onto the fields of Brightmoon in her dress, and Catra scanned the crowd. The Magicats crowed around, in their bright colors and cheerful singing. The clan's elders smiled at Catra as she passed. Catra blushed as her stomach clenched with embarrassment. On the other side of the field stood the Princess Alliance, all wearing their outfits from princess prom. Scorpia was playing with Hunter, bouncing him on her arm. She smiled reassuringly.

Lyra shoved Catra between the two groups, Glimmer stood between Catra and Adora. 

"Today we stand on Etherian soil, to see great warriors pledge allegiance to Etheria. We strive to see the world in peace and to honor the leaders of the past."

After a long pause, Lyra whispered into Catra's ear. Catra nodded.

"The Magikingdom pledges our allegiance to Brightmoon and all of Etheria." Catra tried her best to sound regal and confident.

"I pledge my allegiance to Brightmoon and all of Etheria."

The field swarmed with claps and cheers. Glimmer bowed and ushered Lyra away, leaving Catra and Adora facing each other.

Catra tried to smile, or wave, but she felt terribly exposed without her headdress.

Adora smiled, finally making eye contact with the Magicat. Catra smiled back. The two shuffled closer until neither of them could handle the suspense. The two girls lept into each other's arms, the pain of the past melting away. Adora eased Catra into a kiss, and Catra held Adora closer. Blushing, both girls linked arms to join their friends.

Angella, Kitrina and the First Ones smiled proudly overhead as the festivities bled into the night. 

Author's Note: I can't believe I've finished this story! This is the first official fanfic I've ever written, and I've loved getting to talk to fellow SPOP fans. Bye for now<3