Chapter 19

The day, or at least what the girls could assume was day, was restless. Horde Prime had managed to park the ship on the top of his home planet, which seemed to be bustling with activity. Catra milked her "mysterious illness" for all it was worth, taking hours at a time to observe how the planet operated. This visit, in particular, had left Catra bewildered.

"Those glass vitrines, they're everywhere! The clones are like mindless zombies, but they're stronger than the ones we fought before!"

Glimmer looked up, she had been fluttering spells at their infant companion all night and held him closely. "Sure they may be strong , but it won't matter once I blow it to smithereens."

Catra nodded. "How about an hour from now? I can't stand the cell." 

This was true. The cell the two were in now was practically harmless, but a look through the windows had shown Catra a multitude of smaller rooms, ridden with claw marks and distressing red handprints.

Glimmer nodded. 

Later in the evening, Catra fakely cried and kicked again. "I'm  definitely not going to miss these little performances." She mumbled.

Horde Prime had gotten used to the routine and let both girls out seemingly without question. Glimmer set the baby into a small portal she had created and walked in front of Catra. All of her suspicions had been confirmed.

 The air was red and toxic, the sound of fighting and machines so loud they made the Fright Zone sound like an empty library.

She used a hair clip from the back of her head to loosen the screws on the wall panel of the ship. She stuck her head out, then begun to creep into the open. Although the metal in the ship had screwed with her teleportation, she wasn't affected by the shotty air quality.  She pulled the panel back more to make way for Catra, when she heard a series of screaming and cruses.

"For the love of Despondoes."