Chapter 9

*Authors Note: WOW. Season four was even better then I thought it would be. But, it also conflicts a lot of what I planned for this fic... so just consider this an AU of sorts*

Catra knew what was happening as soon as Adora ran out of the room. The palace guards grabbed her limbs in complete unison and carried her away. She struggled for a bit until she saw Adora running past. She wouldn't let them hurt me, she thought reassuringly.

Adora collapsed onto her bed, dazed by the blast of magic. She tossed and turned in the sheets, still uneasy. 

Were these really the people she wanted to defend? 

Was Glimmer's tyranny really the only way to change things?

Footsteps creaked the floor outside the doorway. Adora lept out of her bed, letting her hair fall out of its usual high ponytail. She peeked into the hall, Bow leaning up against the wall. he remained completely silent, but his body was quivering.

He was crying.

"Bow, what's wrong?"

Bow jolted up, wiping his tears quickly. "I'm just worried about Glimmer, you were right to be worried about her training with Shadow Weaver." he sniffled.

"Did something happen? Did she use her powers-

"I think we should just go to bed." Bow answered flatly.

Adora nodded and retreated back to her room.

 She knew something had to change.