Chapter 17

Catra jolted awake as the ship jolted to a stop. Glimmer was still curled up in the corner of the cell. Confused, Catra shook her awake. Glimmer groaned in annoyance.

"The ship stopped."

"What do you mean it stopped?"

"I think we're just floating around now, maybe we can get out of the cell."

Glimmer yawned. "What do you think will get Horde Prime's attention?"

" I have an idea."  

Catra stood, only to slam herself against the door as she crumbled to the ground. She kicked the air, pretending to moan in pain. She winked to Glimmer just as the door opened.

Horde prime leaned against the doorframes, obviously not having anything better to do.

"What's wrong now?"

Glimmer pretended to be afraid. "She's been sick all night! it's probably some Magicat disease! she wined. "If she doesn't get some fresh air, she's going to puke all over the place.

Horde Prime rolled his eyes. " You two may walk to the meeting room and back. He tossed two metal chains in the air, wrapping around the girl's ankles."

Glimmer pretended to pull Catra to her feet as they walked past Horde Prime.

After the two saw Horde Prime creep around the corridor, Catra stopped in front of a large window. The sky was blood-red, the stars a neon blue. it strained Glimmer's eyes just to look at it.

"Where the hell are we?"

"We're not in Etheria anymore, that's for sure." Glimmer sighed. 

She led Catra through the hall, stopping to stare at the peculiar writings and buttons on the walls. it wasn't until Catra stopped walking, that they realized anything strange. Catra's ears perked up.

"Glimmer?"

"What's wrong?"

Catra pointed to an empty office room, a baby laid on the table.

"Oh, my goodness, they must be from one of the planets we've passed!" Glimmer teleported in and out of the room.

Catra used her claws to prick the bottom of the baby's foot, causing the baby to wail.

"Catra!"

"What? Now we know it isn't a shape-shifter."

Glimmer nodded. She cast a quick sleeping spell on the infant and propped it up on her waist. She teleported the three of them back into the cell. 

"What do we do?"

"We have to protect them! We'll find their parents when we escape."

"So we just hope Horde Prime doesn't go searching for them until then?"

An explosion and the smell of burning metal emerged from the distance.

"I think he has better things to worry about.