Chapter 3

Adora snapped right out of her daze as her boots hit the palace steps. On the logical side of things, she could see Bow and the princesses fighting on barely two hours of sleep, but the other half wanted to dwell in the memory of seeing Catra.

For so many nights now, Adora has resigned herself to seeing Catra as the enemy. She knew it would the battles easier to face. But deep-down, Adora had worried herself sick.

At least I found her alive. Adora thought as she fought her way through the dawn.

Later into the morning, when the Horde soldiers needlessly fussed through the town, Glimmer announced a meeting in the throne room. At first, she was uncomfortable, not quite sure it would be appropriate to sit in her mother's chair. She teleported her self in front of the table instead, leaving Micah's and Angella's thrones vacant.

"I believe we have finally found a way to chase off this attack."

The other princesses perked up in their seats.

"How?" Frosta chirped.

"We snuck into one of the Horde ships. With some assistance from- the Magicats, the ship will be in flames by tomorrow mourning."

Mermista shrugged. "I don't see how this will help stop the war."

"It won't, Glimmer admitted. "But it will buy us some time, which is what we need."

Perfuma raised her hand timidly. "What exactly do we do?"

Adora stood from her seat. "You and Mermista can help to shield Plumeria from the blast, while Netossa, Glimmer and Shadow Weaver can guard the palace. by then, The Magicats will be seeking shelter here."

Glimmer rolled her eyes at the mere mention of the Magicats in the palace. Adora tried her best to block her out, but something about it caused her blood to boil. She turned to Glimmer.

"I think you should care more about the Magicats seeking refuge here, as they are the very last of their kind!- she lowered her voice. "they could make rather strong allies."

Glimmer whispered angerly to herself, her hands turning a deep purple. She turned to Shadow Weaver before taking a deep breath.

"The only thing I care about is defeating the Horde. If any of you are questioning your loyalty-

"No, I'm sorry," Adora mumbled.

Glimmer nodded. "Then let's prepare ourselves, and hope our little ally does her job."