Chapter 16

Horde Prime smiled to himself as he tossed the two girls into a metal chamber. "Little brother has told many tales of your family's magic Glimmer. It is entertaining to see what Etherians see as royalty."

"You said you were going to find something better to do, better get on it." Catra snapped.

Horde Prime shook his head in a condescending manner. "You princesses are such spitfires, aren't you?"

"Guess we're both our mother's daughters."  Glimmer quipped.

"Maybe if either of you were screaming in anguish, I'd see more of a resemblance."Horde Prime laughed, not at either girl in particular. He slammed a few buttons on his keypad and walked away as they abruptly shut.

Catra watched as Glimmer tossed a few blasts against the door. Catra curled herself in the corner.

 "What are you just laying around for!?"

Catra wanted to respond sarcastically, tell Glimmer to get off her case. Her mouth opened like it had a mind of its own.

"I've done terrible things. We've done nothing but fight each other, and now we're being taken light-years away. I wouldn't bother with an escape plan."

Glimmer shook her head in sympathy.

"Ever since my mother died, I've had to make choices. Where to go, who to fight, how to protect the people I love. My decisions have put people in danger and angered my friends. But right now, I'm choosing to go fight for Etheria. Now you have to make a choice."

Catra groaned and went silent for a moment.

" If you get out , I'm coming with you, just to make sure you don't screw it up"

"And just in case you think I forgot, you tortured me in the basement of your castle, you don't get to lecture me on good choices."

"Fair enough." Glimmer nodded.

"What do you think we should do?"

"Blowing them up won't work, and there's too many of them to build a solid trap."

"We couldn't set them on fire, there's no oxygen in space."

"Did Arrow Boy tell you that?"

Besides Glimmer's embarrassment, an idea bubbled to the surface of her mind.

"Bow did tell me that. ---- he also told me that everything has a molecular structure. If you separate the molecules far enough, they're completely useless. "

"Even these aliens?"

"Especially those aliens."

Catra smiled mischievously. "Where do we start?"