Chapter 14

Glimmer knew something was wrong. From the minute she woke up, she noticed Spinnerella and Netossa, skittish and jumpy. She noticed the lack of pacing from the vents into the dungeon, and just when she thought that was all, she noticed her mother's flowerbeds in utter disarray.

Her mind jumped to Horde Prime, maybe Horde Prime had stolen Catra away, and Adora had ruined the garden chasing after him. But for all the Horde soldiers knew, Catra was dead. Confused, Glimmer hurried to Adora's bedroom. She knocked twice, to no reply. She teleported in, the room tidy, yet completely empty.

 She teleported into the dungeon, completely empty. Bow caught up to her as she stormed back to the castle.

"What's going on?"

"It seems like the prisoner has escaped! I knew those Magicats were nothing but trouble."

"What about Adora? I haven't seen her since yesterday's dinner."

"Of course! Spinnerella was stalling so those two could getaway. I should have known."

''Should we wait for them to come back?"

"Wait for them? I'll look for them and have them brought back to the castle to be punished."

"Punished? but I-

" Don't be naive Bow, we need She-ra to win these battles. I don't care what I have to do ."

Bow shook his head.

Meanwhile, Adora and Catra had strayed farther from the strawberry field. Catra was tired and leaned on Adora for support as they crept through trees and rocky terrain. They sat in a small cave, completely out of sight. A tiny pink flag flew from a nearby tree branch.

"Adora?'

"Yeah, Catra?"

"I'm sorry."

"This again? I know you're trying to get better, everyone knows how hard you've been trying."

"But that doesn't stop Horde Prime from coming after us, or Glimmer losing her mother. It doesn't take back all the things I said to Entraptra."

Adora nodded, arms around Catra's shoulders.

"And worst of all, she trembled. It doesn't take back...."

Catra stopped and pulled down the back of Adora's shirt. Jagged scars remained a shiny pink on Adora's peach complexion. Catra gasped quietly and fell onto Adora.

Adora held Catra's hand in her own.

"I knew it. ... I knew it would scar. " Catra mumbled.

"Catra."

I could have punched you, or kicked. I clawed at you. Like the hybrid freak, I am."

"Catra! stop it now! I forgive you, okay?"

Catra smiled a bit but heard a noise in the distance. Her ears perked up.

"What's wrong?"

"I heard something, we have to go!" Catra whispered."

 A familiar voice rose from the darkness. "Afraid it's a bit late for that, you hybrid  delinquent."

Glimmer stood in the entrance of the cave, twiddling a small pink flag in her fingers.

"Glimmer? Why are you here?"

"I'm here to bring Catra back into my custody, put her on trial."

"Trial? How'd you find us anyway?" Catra asked.

"I had Shadower send her shadow spies." 

"And as for you Adora, you not only disobeyed me but postponed our war efforts. I must think of a way to punish you both."

"You sound just like Shadow Weaver." Catra seethed.

"And what do you plan to do about it, insolent child?"