Introduction

• Inspired by the lovely xNightingale_girlx •

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

91 . . .

92 . . .

93 . . .

94 . . .

Breathing in deeply, you quickly delivered the same punching motion in front of you over and over again. You swung hard on the punching bag, putting your entire body weight behind each punch.

Wham!

You gave the punching bag several low and high kicks, and it moved back and forth violently as a response. Just when you were about to land the 100th punch, you . . .

. . . slipped.

On your own sweat.

"Fuck—!" You failed to grab the punching bag and fell hard on the floor.

You winced and clutched your rear end in pain. You were so caught up with your workout that you forgot to wipe down the floor in between your breaks.

You sat up slowly. "I'm an idiot."

You let your head fall back and stared at the ceiling. How many hours have passed by now?

You glanced at the digital clock hanging on the wall; it's still pretty early, 9 a.m. to be exact. Four hours have passed since you started working out, so you thought it was finally time to take a break and get yourself something to eat.

You crouched down and rummaged through your bag for a towel and a water bottle. You proceeded to wipe some of your sweat off while you gulped down a generous amount of water. You felt refreshed once you felt the cold liquid go down your throat.

Now that's some good ass water.

You wrapped the towel around your neck and began cleaning up the area of your personal gym, such as packing your belongings inside your bag, mopping the floors, and relocating all of the equipment.

You looked over at the punching bag—it was beginning to tear, and it honestly looked like it was about to fall off.

Surprise, surprise, you need to buy a new punching bag now because you went overboard.

Again.

You left your bag inside the room as you walked out, holding both ends of your towel and feeling energized for the day.

You then hummed a tune about fish as you made your way over to the kitchen to make yourself a quick, healthy meal. It's important to eat healthy, especially for an athlete such as yourself who always pushes the limits every day, to prepare not only physically but mentally as well.

Not to mention there was also an upcoming MMA competition happening sometime this year or maybe even next year, and you wanted to make a huge comeback after taking a break for a few years.

Time flies fast, so you wanted to prepare yourself and make sure you kicked some asses during the competition.

You let out a chuckle at your thoughts as you passed by your living room. The glass walls that overlooked your expansive backyard lit up the room brightly. Modern black and white couches were arranged neatly into a square formation with a large carpet in the middle and a wide flat-screen TV on the wall to complete the interior design.

On the other side of the living room, there was a wall just underneath the stairs that displayed your variety of golden medals that you earned after winning each and every competition that you had participated in.

You smiled softly at the sight. Good times.

You paused as you suddenly felt a low-frequency vibration on the floor; the feeling made your ears ring, and it made you wince in response.

". . . What?"

You looked up in alarm as you heard a tearing sound, and sure enough, you saw a rip between time and space itself manifesting just above your ceiling. You almost screamed.

A figure fell out of the rip—or rather, the portal—and fell on to the carpeted floor.

Mocha scarf, cream shirt, brown shorts, and a belt adorned with different colored flasks. That's what the figure seems to be wearing. You observed more closely, and you swore your eyes were about to pop right out of your sockets.

It was an actual fucking skeleton.

You were about to approach them when more figures fell out of the multicolored portal. Each and every one of them crashed on top of each other.

You bit your lip as you witnessed the painful sight.

They were in obvious pain since they all fell pretty high—the first person who fell, were they okay? They took all the impact when the other figures fell down.

Wait. You took a step back. This isn't the time to be thinking about that.

A literal fucking portal just formed inside your house and brought you unwanted guests. What else were you supposed to think about?

You didn't know how to feel about this.

You scowled. "What the fuck?"

The group of skeletons were taken aback by the unexpected appearance of who exactly?

You, of course.

They all gasped in alarm and almost fell into a messy pile of bones.

You were starting to think you worked out too much and were beginning to hallucinate.

You just wanted to have a peaceful day.