Chapter 1

"D get up time for school" Jae says waking me up from peaceful slumber, walking out the room.
Lazily crawling out of bed, I head towards my master bathroom to wash up and get ready. I know that today was going to be great. The moon goddess who also just happens to be my aunt. Came to me last night, saying that I'd find one of six mates today. When she first told me that I got scared. I mean I'm hell of a woman but how I'm going to handle six women. But she did tell me not to worry about it and it would all work out in the end. I'm still nervous though, I love woman just as much as the next women but I don't think me, my wolf or my dick can handle that.
"Ha speak for yourself " my wolf Travis says in my head.
"Okay sure didn't your first wife call you two pump chump." I smirk back stepping into the shower. This causes him to huff and lay back down.
"Demetria king if don't hurry up and get down stairs to eat" my mothers voice booms inside the link.
"Just a second."
After my shower, I go to my closet and pull out my baby blue space jams shirt with matching shoes and my black adidas joggers. With a gold chain and gold watch with diamond studs. Spraying on my Gucci cologne. I head out the door to the kitchen to get breakfast.
"Hey baby how did you sleep," my mother says placing a tray in front of me.
"Like a baby, ma" I reply.
"LiKe A bAbY mA" Jae copies sitting down next to me, eating her food.
"Fuck you bi-" I say as mother pops me in the mouth with a spoon.
"Watch your mouth young lady" she growls. I look over to Jae holding in a laugh.
"Yes ma'am" I whisper rubbing my mouth. "Hey mom where's dad."
"Where he always, is in his study."
"Okay well I need to talk to you guys after school" I say getting up, seeing her nod her head.
"Bye mom, come on sis" Jae follows me out the door to my mint condition black 1967 Chevy Impala.
"Old ass car" Jae says.
"Bitch you want to walk" I snap back causing her to hush. "Ight then"
"D can I ask you something" Jae whispers from beside me. Glancing over at her I can see she's already staring at me so I just nod.
"Well you know how it's the first day and everything and we're supposed to find our mates this year," I nod telling her to continue. "What if they don't accept us."
"Look I'm just as nervous as you, but the moon goddess give us people who would accept us to the fullest." Seeing as me and Jae both have make genitals I see why she's so nervous. "Any girl that doesn't accept your body doesn't deserve you." I say glancing at her hopping that helped. After that she doesn't say anything else and I just turn the music up, drowning out the silence.
After the short drive to school. We hop out the car walking to the front. As I get closer to the school this over whelming smell of honey and sunflower evades my nose. It has to be the most delicious smell ever, causing my wolf starts to go bunkers.
"Mate mate mate" Travis barks walking back and forth.
"Woah there tiger calm down will find her."
"Mate."
Ignoring him, I follow the scent all the way to the cafeteria. Opening the doors I walk in searching for her. There she stood, Brittany Van, my ex best friend. She's a stem, with white complexion, baby blue eyes, and 5'9. We were best friends up until the 10th grade. Before that she was super girly and straight. Then one summer I didn't hear from her and she came back and had changed. In more ways than one. She was so beautiful before, well she's still beautiful.
See going before the summer of tenth grade she had gotten attacked by someone a few days before the last day. The only reason I found out was through her parents because I had been so worried I went to check on her after school on the last day. And all they said was she left to stay with her grandparents that summer. Which was odd since she told me they were weird and didn't like being alone with them. She never answered any of my text that summer and when she came back she had a new persona and look.
Not realizing how long I had been standing there staring at here. I see her stare right back before flicking me off and turning around. Seeing as she was a human it makes since that she didn't feel the mate connection when she looked at me, but she knew what I was. The only reason she knew was because humans have become aware of us after the war a hundred years ago, and have been living somewhat peacefully together.
"I want our mate now" travis barks.
"I hear you man me too, but it's going to take some work" I replay staring at her walk out with her friends.
Without realizing it I had got out of my seat and was headed towards her.
      "Hey, B can I talk to you for a second" I say as I lightly grab her wrist feeling the shocks go through my hand. Looking in her eyes I can tell she's debating it.
     Glancing back at her friends, she sighs and gives them a nod. They walk towards the classes and Brittany walks out to the parking lot, over to my car. We hop in and I immediately take off heading to our secret spot in the woods. After five minutes of driving we arrive to the edge of the woods.
The ride there was completely silent. The only thing on my mind is how am I going to get this woman. I didn't think that she would ever be my mates. We had been friends for so long I can kind of see it but we've always been like sisters. The only thing I'm truly worried about is her being able to reciprocate my feelings after years of hate. The moment my eyes meet hers this morning all the anger of the past two years evaporated. Her being human was going to make this ten times harder.
Once I pull up, I sigh and glance at her but she's doesn't meet my eyes. She rushes out the car causing me to frown. I can't be that bad to be around. I slide out of the car behind her locking the door. Slowly we make the ten minute walk through the woods.
"What do you want D" she says once we clear through the brush. "Why did you bring me here of all places."
      Turning and glaring directly at me. Allowing for me to analyze her. She had changed so much. Tattoos covering her arms, dropped several pounds, even cut her hair. Looking at her she had changed physically and to most she had went from the schools sweetest girl to everyone's nightmare. Staring at her eyes now I could still see the same scared little seven year old I met years ago.
Walking in front of her I stop taking in her beauty. Leaving little space between us, carefully caressing her soft,pale cheek.
"Mate" Travis speaks for the both of us.
Once I've completely submerged into her memories i go back to the summer before tenth grade. There i see images I wish I hadn't. Flashing before my eyes I see as her parents sell her to a vampire to pay for their house. Picture after picture I see her being beaten, raped and used. The one that heart the most is her giving birth to a dead child. At this I pull away once I couldn't take it anymore. Rage pulling through my veins. Quickly turning around, I head to the car getting ready to beat the living shit out of that punk and her parents.
"Where are you going" Brittany whispers grabbing me from behind causing chills to go down my body.
"How could you not tell me" ripping from her embrace I glance back at her teary face.
"He said he would kill my family" she sobs. I cant help the pain that shots through my body at this. Rushing to her I pull her into my chest, allowing for her to snuggle in my shirt, soaking it.
"I wish you would've came to me," whispering in her ear, while gently rubbing her head. I know that rubbing her head will put her to sleep so we stay like that as she cries herself to sleep.
"What are we going to do" Travis whimpers as I gently place B in the front seat.
"I don't know well have to talk to dad" at that Travis just shakes his head before laying down.
Looking over at her, I will never understand how someone would ever want to hurt such a beautiful woman. Some people just disgust me. The man, no not man, pussy that did was a vampire named James Braxton. I knew him and his coven all too well. Father had told me they were known for the horrid and ruthless ways. As king he had no evidence to take them out, but now that they have been caught in human trafficking, there's no way we cant destroy them. And I'm going to enjoy every second of it.