Chapter 10

Lynette POV
    Looking around it's been such a long time since I've been around so many people. There had to be over a 100 people. I and the rest of my small pack left my father's pack about a year ago. Always on the go, never feeling love or wanted except from each other. There's so much love in the atmosphere and it's nice to finally feel wanted.

    Its been to long sense we've felt this connection. sometimes its easy to forgot about the simple things, like this.  looking around at of their family, the aura alone was engulfing. nothing in the atmosphere but love and acceptance. My eyes catch onto my mates not far from me.

     Brittney and I had a conversation after the shower mishap. I may not understand everything that's happened but I do know something is seriously wrong. From the couple of days I've spent with them I can tell me and Brittany are fighters. I hope this party is good for both of us. We both deserve to finally been happy, safe, and protected. 

                                                                                   ***Flashback***
   As Brittney dashes out of the shower I follow closely behind watching her jump into bed. I watch her ball her into a circle before I could say anything.
     Just in the simple action, I could see how broken she is. I'm not sure what happened but I hope we can heal her trauma.
"What's wrong love?" I ask rubbing her back hearing her shaky breath.
" I-I just" she takes a deep breath before lifting herself. I wipe away her stray tears before giving her a small smile. She looks away sighing again.
"Can we hold her?" Skye, my wolf, whines.
I open my arms for her to fall into, watching, waiting for her reaction. She stares blankly at me for a second before leaning into my grasp. I feel her body tremble with sobs, kissing her forehead, letting her release the tension.
"You can trust me with anything," I whispered.
     "Who did this," Skye growls. "I'm going to rip their head off ."
     We stare at our mate as a wave of sadness and anger flows through us. I watch her take a few deep breaths before looking up at me.
   "Thank you, I'm just not ready yet." I nod my head. Kissing her on the cheek I hear my other mate come in
   "Anything you girls need," Demetria asks walking toward us.
   "Could you give us a few more minutes," looking over at her I can see she wants to embrace us but I need just a moment alone with Brittany. Looking between the two of us I see the conflict between her and Travis.
   "Sure thing," she says after a second. "I'll go finish getting ready."
   Walking off I watch her walk into the closet. I look back down at my human mate. What am I to do? There's no simple answer.
    "The best we can do is be here for her and let her know we always will be."
   "Your right as always," sighing I give her one small kiss on the cheek.
   "No matter what, when, or where. Demetria and I  will always be here. To be a lending ear or shoulder to cry on." Looking in her eyes, I whip the stray tear.
    "Thank you," she sniffles. "I'm not ready yet but I will be. There's so much I blocked out and now that I'm no longer living it-it's all slowly coming back." she glances out the window before standing up.
    "What is it," confused I grab her arm. Her head turns back to me. We lock eyes, there's nothing but sorrow and pain.
    "Enough about me," leaning down she gives me a peck. "We have to get ready."
******
    Ever since this morning, I've kept an eye on Brittany.  Despite everything, she tries her best to keep smiling and stay in the moment. There is so much weight on her shoulders. Weight I am patiently waiting to off load. After the conversation, the shopping trip was needed.

   "Who knew we find another mate there. Let alone a succubus."

  "It was to be expected, the prophecy does say there will be one of each species."