Chapter 5

As soon as those words left my mouth I watched her drop to the floor. I quickly walk over to her, scooping her into my arms.
"Hey hey your safe I promise," I whisper in her ear. Holding her tight I know today is going to be a long day.
"I hate this, I'm going to kill that pest."
"Sadly we can't , that could start a war," I say to Travis. "How bout we not focus on that and just go to school."
It's a few more minutes before she nods her head. She looks up at my eyes, and I do the same, seeing a few tears run down her face. I lean in and kiss each cheek before leaning back staring back into her eyes. Her eyes glance down at my lips, causing mine to do the same. Before anything can happen she quickly scurries away.
Sighing I stand up, "I'll be back."
Making my way downstairs, I wonder what's going through her head. I could easily go into her mind and see for myself but that would be wrong. We've been so wrapped up with school and her emotions we haven't had anytime to bond as mates. We haven't even had our first kiss.
"Well I would have kissed her by now," My wolf smugly says.
"I guess its a good thing I'm in control, cause you have dog breath," laughing. I watch him huff and slump on the floor.
"Good morning mama," I say walking into the kitchen, gently kissing her forehead.
     "Good morning sweetie, your father wants to speak with you before you go to school."
     Sighing I grab our plates walking towards the door, "Yes ma'am."
      "What do you think father wants."
      "I don't know, I haven't done anything and we already discussed about the meeting today."
      "Sounds like you got this handled."
       Walking into our room, rolling my eyes. I see Brittany is dressed in her white dance shirt, black tights, my varsity jacket and some white and black vans. Placing the food on the bed, I head to the closet to get dressed while she eats.
Putting on my white polo shirt with the black logo, black ripped jeans, my polo jacket and some white vans. I walk out of the closet, grabbing my plate sitting next to Brittany.
"Dad wants to talk to us before we go to school," glancing at her, I see her visible tense. "There's nothing to worry about, it's most likely nothing."
"Okay, I'm done whenever your ready," she whispers. We both stand up at the same time, throwing away our trash, heading towards the door. I open it for her allowing her through first. Getting a nice view of her backside. Looking at her plump ass my shaft goes hard as a rock. My wolf lets out an low howl.
"I can feel your eyes," she giggles, not looking back. I sigh at the statement pulling her back into my front. "I have a right to look at my mate," I say lowly in her ear, pressing my self against
Again she scurries out of my grasps, walking faster towards the study. She knocks before I get there and we both step in hearing the small 'come in'. I see father sitting at his desk, concentrated on papers.
"Aw my little prince," he says, standing up from his work. He walks over to us, glancing between our eyes. "One day you will rule this kingdom."
"We will rule the kingdom," why wolf scuffs.
"But for now, we must get through the next few months," patting my shoulder, looking me in the eyes. "You and your beautiful mates," he says glancing at Brittany
"Yes sir."
"Good, I really called you here to tell you..." Jae walks in the door, eating a sandwich. "Hey pops did I miss something," food falling out of her mouth. "Oops." We all watch her plop on the couch finishing the sandwich.
     "Oh my little Knight what are we going to do with you," he looks at her, shaking his head, walking over to his chair sitting down. "One day your going to become your sisters beta, I hope you become better mannered." He no longing looking at us but at his paper, I know he means well but that was unnecessary.
     "Well, father, when I become beta I won't have a stick up my..." I slap my hand over her mouth. "Okay guys lets move on, what did you want to say."
    He glares between the two of us, "a group of rouges came through our territory two night ago."
     "Why didn't you tell us," Jae cuts him off
     " You guys were at practice," she scuffs turning away from him. "Good thing it was a group of five kids, all around your age, so I told them they can join our pack or keep running. And they joined, they will be at your school today, and I'm putting you two in charge of them. This will be a test run to see your leadership skills and if they have not progressed probably I will be reinforcing training. You will be acting as alpha and beta of the small group. Do you understand."
      "Yes sir," we say at the same time. "Good, now get to school."
      We all shuffle out of the room, heading towards the garage. Unlocking the doors, we hope in the car and I back out and take off before anything is said among us.
     "I fucking hated training," Jae whispers.
     "What's so wrong with training," Brittany ask and we both look at her like she's crazy. "What, if I remember correctly, you used to love training."
      "Yeah cause it used to be easy, but now when we train, all school activities stop and we train from the time we get out of school till the sun starts to come up again. Sometimes we fight, sometimes we have to read and recite the rules and laws, and sometimes it's just manual labor."
      "Plus I always felt like it was a reason to see us fail," Jae mutters, opening the door, getting out, once I've parked.
      "I think you guys will be just fine," she says looking out the window. Reaching across the counsel, I gently grab her chin. Making her look at me, my first mate was truly stunning.
       "Thank you, you are beautiful," I say watching her cheeks turn a slide shade of pink.
        "That was gay."
        "Why must you be like this."
        "Thank you, your to kind," she says, kissing my cheek, getting out of the car.
         "Should've kissed her," my wolf taunts.
         "Oh be quiet we'll get there," getting out of the car, I head to our first period. Walking inside I see Jae and Brittany sitting at the table together. Both of them staring at there phones.
         "You know it's not a crime for you guys to communicate," sitting down, I put my arm around Brittany.  Suddenly the smell of pineapples invade my senses, but I choose to ignore it for now.
        "Yeah but we don't really have anything to say," Jae says, continuing to stare at her phone.
        "Alright class lets get started." Ms. Jackson says walk to her podium. "It looks like we have two new students, Lynette and Joan Bronze, please stand up and introduce yourselves."
The whole class turns there attention to gorgeous girls. Once they've walked to the front a bunch of whistles can be heard from the boys in the room. I see both of them visibly roll there eyes. My eyes connect with the brown skin on the left.
"Mate," my wolf says, tail wagging happily in the air.
"DAMN COME GET THIS DICK BABY ," I hear the other guys on the team yell from the back.
"MATE," me and Jae yell at the same time. The whole room goes quiet and me and Jae quickly look at each other. Before pointing at the two girls, me pointing at the one on the left and her the one on the right. Once we see this we fist bump, grinning, we turn back to the to shocked girls.
"Ladies please tell us about yourselves," Brittany says from beside me. Lightly putting her hand in my thigh rubbing it, slowly, awaking my not so little friend.
"Well my name is Lynette, but you can call me Net" waving at everyone she locks her eyes with me and Brittany, "and this is my sister Joan, and you can call her Jo." She waves shyly looking back at Jae. "We just joined the dark moon pack, um we come from a small pack and we are both werewolves."
         "Thank you may take your seat," before they can take there seats I nudge Jae. She only looks at me stupidly.
          "Dude go sit by your mate some mine can sit by me," I mind link to her and she quickly gets up and does what I say. Sometimes I think she was dropped on her head.
         As she sits down in Jae seat I take this time to analyze her features. Those dark green eyes complementing her dark brown complexion, nice full lips, and honey blonde hair. Her eyes slowly glance over my features, biting her lip, she is definitely sexy. Nice curves in all the right places. With few more seconds of us staring at each other, her eyes eventually glance down, at Brittany hand still rubbing my thigh, will she silently watches. This causes Net to frown and B to stop rubbing, moving her hand. I see a mix of emotions go through her face.
       "Before you get the wrong idea we should talk later, actually let me see your schedule real quick," I whisper hoping she'll give me a chance to explain. I'd hate to lose a mate before I even actually get her. She reluctantly gives me her schedule. Looking at we have almost all the same classes, that was probably my fathers doing.
       "We have all the same classes except for last period. So it's okay if we talk during lunch." She only nods her head not actually saying anything to me. Brittany gives my leg a light squeeze, calming my nerves.

******

        It's now lunch time. Me, Brittany and Lynette are sitting in the bleachers. Jae and Joan sitting a few bleachers away. She hasn't said a word to us since this morning, barely even looked our way.
       "So how did you guys become rouges," Brittany asks.
       "My father is the alpha of the hunger pack and was very close minded and down right evil. Hell the whole pack was like that. On my 16th birthday I came out and he disowned me and kicked me out. My true friends left the pack with me. We have been running ever since. In all honesty we didn't know that there was an alpha king. We knew of the counsel but he made sure to keep us disconnected from the outer world." Brittany holds my hand, squeezing it occasionally.
         "I'm sorry to hear that but you guys will be safe now and I'll have my father look into your pack."
         "You don't have to, I learned a while ago they weren't worth it."
         "Okay if you say so." I really want to do something about it, but I have enough in my plate right now with Bri.
         "Now it's your turn to explain," she said looking directly at me and Brittany intertwined hands. "As your mate I should be totally pissed about this, but all I feel is love. Why?"
        I spend the rest of lunch telling her about the prophecy, Brittany situation and the meeting tonight.
          "Now that you know everything what do you think," for a minute she doesn't say anything. She just stares at us and my anxiety sky rockets. Oh god she's going to reject us.
          "Wow." With that she gets up and leaves. My heart stops and my throat feels constricted.
         "Did our mate just reject us," he whimpers, forcing out a sorrowful howl. I began to shake ready to transform, Brittany quickly jumps on my lap and hugs me. My tense body relaxes, but I continue to shake.
Trial after trial. Must I be tested with all my mates. Bri puts her fingers under my chin, forcing my head up. My sad eyes meet hers, and before I know it her lips are on mine, kissing me softly. My body stops shaking, Travis calms down, and I become entangled in the kiss. It last for all of ten seconds but it's enough to relax my mind.
"I didn't know what else to do," she whispers, with a red face, still staring at my lips. Looking at her soft ones, I lean in once again capturing her lips.
"I see your okay," Jae says, smirking. Shaking my head I look past her seeing some of my other pack mates on the field staring at us.
"What's up with them."
"We all heard you howl and we thought something was wrong, so they rushed out of class to come check on there future alpha," looking back at them Jae gives them a slight nod, and they slowly go back to the building. "I'm going to leave you too love birds alone."
We both watch her walk away before looking at each other. I peck her lips one more time, "I'm glad that finally happened."
"Yeah well it was all I could think to do," she's blushing again and avoiding eye contact. She is so beautiful even when she's not trying. "Don't worry about her we will talk to her when we get home, they're probably staying at the pack house anyways."
I nod, she gets off my lap, reaching her hand out for me. Once I've stood up, her eyes scan my body, before they land on the obvious dent in my jeans. She quickly scurries away, leaving me alone on the bleaches.
      "It's about time," Travis mockingly says.
      "Oh shut up, would you like to take control," he doesn't reply. "That's what I thought doggy breath."
      "Now that was uncalled for."
       I don't answer I just head towards class, not ready for the tension ahead. Uh suck an eventful day and we haven't even made it to the meeting.