• 𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓 •

____

🥀"Roll my heart high up my sleeve
I'll let you roll it up for me
Who needs money when, love is gold."🥀
____

JUNGKOOK'S FOCUS:
third p.o.v

•••

"Explain what?"

"The prophecy."

"The prophecy?" Jungkook gulps and takes a quick look around the room, averting his eyes. The two words alone make him shiver. This was it. It hasn't even been a week since he had first arrived at the small village of Tales, but he has heard someone mention the Prophecy at least 3 times a day, and today will be the day he finds out what it really is. His curiosity turned into fear as soon as he heard the words, despite wanting to hear them for so long.

"Yes, the prophecy," Taehyung repeats. Despite his voice sounding monotone on the surface, anyone could tell the hatred that lies underneath tone of his voice. The Prophecy. Taehyung hates it. Taehyung hates that he has to deal with it. He hates that he had to be the one targeted by this awful prophecy. "I suppose I'll read it to your first, then tell you as much as I can about it. A prophecy isn't supposed to tell the future, but to tell us how to prevent bad luck. So, it is hard to decipher, but I'll tell you what I know."

Taehyung gets up from his seat and grabs a book that was lying a couple of feet away on a table, before walking back to his chair and sitting down. It's awfully quiet for a few moments before Taehyung spoke again, "This is the book my mother gave me the night of the fire in my home village. It was the only thing we were able to save afterward. This is the book that contains the prophecy, so as I read it, you better listen carefully."

Jungkook nods, deciding to stay quiet and ask questions only when Taehyung says he could, not wanting to interrupt. Taehyung took a deep breath and opened the book.

He began to read,

"The prince of freedom will be born.
5 days after Christmas morn
6 years later his kingdom will be destroyed.
Then he'll be saved from the lonesome void.
Then he'll rebuild a mighty land.
Where all humans use to stand.
Two will come forth while trying to flee.
One will be overflowed with glee.
On the third night when the sky turns gray.
The evil spirit will be on their way.
An old friend will present a gift to the king.
An apple, A fruit, that came from Eve.
He will be saved by the second,
After all, He who does did question.
Then the vines will be reborn
And he'll prick his finger on a thorn.
Next, the poor old weeping willow tree
will be no more, because of he
That'll be the downfall of the fairyland
Unless humans can lend a helping hand.
Before the night of Hallows Eve
Before the thought that he can achieve
What the humans thought to be just a tale
They can make sure he doesn't prevail."

Taehyung had read from the book in the calmest voice Jungkook has ever heard from him, the saddest too. Jungkook's mind spinned after hearing it although, he couldn't wrap his mind around the words that were read to him. His whole life, everyone he was surrounded by now, everything he has been told the last couple of days, it has all always been fake. It's always been just a tale told to the children. This prophecy, however, scares him. He has come to realize everyone around him has feelings and emotions just like him, and he could just imagine how scary it is to think that their whole existence could be erased.

More silence had passed, before Taehyung finally put the book back down to his side and looked up to Jungkook. "If you couldn't tell, the first few lines of the Prophecy has already come true. I was born on December 30th. My home and everyone in it was burned to the ground. My species was destroyed. I was saved, and I made this village for anyone else like me who had made it through trauma. For the people who had lost their families. If you couldn't tell, we are right by the border between what you would like to think is a reality and a dreamland." He took a breath, his eyes were welling up with tears. "You and Jimin came, and three days after you came there was an attack."

Jungkook's mind grasped something, he knew what Taehyung was going to say next. "Why... why did you eat the apple? Why did you risk your life when you knew the apple was going to harm you? What if I decided against saving you? What if we couldn't figure it out in time?" Jungkook shouted out the question before he himself had time to process it. To this, Taehyung could only smile lightly.

"Listen, Jungkook. As I said, A prophecy predicts the future. I was going to eat the apple even if I had refused the hands that were giving it to me, I was going to eat it one day. And I knew you all would save me because the prophecy did not end with me eating the apple. I know I still have to endure more."

Jungkook pouted and sat back. "So... that's why they needed me to save you.'He will be saved by the second, After, all, he who does did question.' I was the second to arrive... and I had a lot of questions to ask."

Taehyung nodded. "I'm glad Namjoon and Yoongi were there instead of out looking for me, otherwise I do think I would've died, for no one else had the prophecy memorized like them." Jungkook nodded yet again, he was slowly understanding and organizing his thoughts.

"So... what does the rest of it mean?"

Taehyung shrugged. "We can only guess. But none of it is good. Just for now, go out and get use to this place while you can. Make some friends, give yourself a reason to help us." Taehyungs eyes were still full of tears. As he tried to blink them back the water just ended up falling onto his cheek.

Jungkook frowned, and got up from his seat and went over to Taehyung, comforting him by wrapping his arms around the fairies' body and entrapping him in a hug. To be honest, Jungkook expected for Taehyung to jump and push him a way, but instead Taehyung slowly hugged back. He must of really needed this.

After what seemed to be too little of time, Taehyung looked up. "Okay, it best for you to get going now. We both have things we need to do. Baekhyun must have had your breakfast and clothes ready at your Domum Uero by now." Taehyung stepped away and smiled, directing Jungkook towards the door. "Thank you."

As both Jungkook and Taehyung walked away from each other, it felt like their chests were about to explode as both hearts were beating happily.

____

𝕿𝖔 𝖇𝖊 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖚𝖊𝖉...

___

1156 words

•••
Published: 11-25-19

I've been sick, so I decided to write :)