• 𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓 •

____

🥀"This is hell, this is hell
You're looking and whispering you think I'm someone else
This is hell, yes
Literal hell."🥀
____

JUNGKOOK'S FOCUS:
third p.o.v

•••
"

"FIRE!" With those words, all hell broke loose across the town. People came out of the huts, screaming as they saw the smoke that raised from far away. Jungkook turned back to his guide, "What do we do? What are we suppose-" Mark rushed past him in panic, "You stay here! They need me! Don't go anywhere!" Jungkook's eyes followed him as he cried out, "What- why do I have to stay? What's going on?" Mark was already gone by then, and all Jungkook could do was stand where he was utterly lost. He looked around, trying to find someone that he knew through the rushing crowd. Some people were staying back, away from the smoke and flames and others were rushing towards it, probably having to do exactly what Mark was going to do, which Jungkook didn't know of.

Jungkook quickly got impatient standing like a brick. Despite what a lot of people were doing, and Marks warning, he ran forward, straight to where the smoke was. The closer he got, the harder it was for him to breathe, but he could finally see what was going on. The east wall- the center of it was covered in flames that reached to the sky. It was going up in flames. Several people (including Mark) seemed to be summoning water and splashing it in the flames, which despite their desperate attempts, only made the fire grow. (When he and Mark were watering and taking care of plants, he found out that the merpeople could take any moisture from the air to put together sums water, which he put two and two together and came to the conclusion that that was what is going on). Jungkook was frozen with fear. What was he supposed to do? Was he supposed to do something? People were rushing around him as the flames got bigger. More merpeople ran to the fire and tried to put it out, but to no prevail, it kept growing and swallowing the wall whole.

Jungkook just stared. Just watched. Something wasn't right. There was something off about the flames in front of him. But what? What was it that- it clicked. He knew what was off, and that was the fact that there was no heat. The fire gave off no heat and seemingly wasn't able to burn anything. The flowers that grew near the wall were unharmed. You could see the flowers and there colors perfectly from inside the fire. This was not the only unusual thing, however. No one else seemed to notice at the time, but the fire was turning green slowly. Jungkook first blamed it on his eyes, thinking it was just blue fire that looked off but before he knew it he couldn't deny the color changing.

Soon, he wasn't the only one who saw it. One by one, everyone stopped their motions and screaming as the flame not only stopped growing but turned a bright neon green right before their eyes. The merpeople backed away from the wall, giving up their efforts to put the fire out and others rushed forward. What were they supposed to do? Everyone just watched as the fire transformed.

The once bright yellow flame slowly turned into dark green vines, covering the whole east wall. Piles of vines and thorns were all you could see on the endless wall. Once the smoke was gone and cleared, and there was no more flame to be seen, everyone started to freak out again. Through the commotion, All Jungkook could think about was the prophecy, the prophecy. Thorns. Prick a finger. Thorns. Finger. Where was Taehyung? The fairy sprung in his mind, and he looked around the masses people, everyone no longer stood still but was rushing around to either see the vines or start to try and get rid of them. Multiple people with bright blue hair ran by him, none of them the fairy prince.

Jungkook's vision started to turn black, where was he? Where was Taehyung? Nothing was in his mind but the sole thought of at least knowing where Taehyung was. Taehyung, Taehyung. He repeated the name in his head as if it was a mantra. "Joon! Joon! It's happening again!" He heard, the voice he recognized as Hoseok's. He didn't care to know what was happening, or about the vines anymore. He needed to find Taehyung. Where was he?

Jungkooks' head was buzzing, not seeing a thing he walked around blindly reaching out to find the fairy that he just couldn't find. "Jungkook! Calm down! Taehyung is in his house! It's alright!" "Jungkook!" "Hey!" Voices called from him but all he heard was Taehyung was safe. He was home. That's where he was. That calmed his thoughts and his vision seem to magically return as he slumped to the ground, exhausted. Why? What had happened? As confused as he was, he looked up. Namjoon, Yoongi, and Hoseok all surrounded him. Yoongi whispered something to Namjoon as Hoseok had his attention focused right on Jungkook's eyes, "Jungkook? You okay?" Jungkook nodded, the confusion he had made his head hurt even more than it already did.

He looked past the three, hi vision still a bit shaky. All he could see was the vines, no creatures, no animals, no nothing but the vines and the flowers. How long had it been? Had it really been that long? Did he imagine it all? Where was everyone? His questions stopped as Namjoon spoke, "Hey, it's alright. Everyone was ordered inside a while ago while we tried to calm you down and sort the situation out, everyone is alright." Jungkook nodded to this, he really thinks Namjoon can read minds.

"Okay. What hap-" It seemed that he could never get a word out in this place before being interrupted. A scream resonated from behind the group, cutting him off. "Stop him! Guys! Stop him! Now!" The group of 4 turned around, just to see Jimin running towards them pointing up. "Stop him!" The groups' attention then averted to the sky where Jimin was pointing, and they saw the fairy prince himself, Taehyung. Taehyung was calmly flying above all of them, going straight for the vines at a slow pace. "He's asleep! He won't listen! You need to stop him!" Jimin yelled as the fairy kept going towards the wall.

Yoongi took quick action and big black wings sprung out from his back, shining a dull black. He jumped and took off to the sky, immediately grabbing Taehyung and trying to pull him down. His efforts failed though, as he fell back down to the earth like a rock. Yoongi gasped for breath, his chest heaving. Looking at everyone with large eyes. His voice rasped out in pain, "His skin burns," He held up his bright red palm. "It burns. You can't stop him."

The 5 of them could just watch as Taehyung flew over the vines, stopping to hover over them for a minute or so before dropping into them just as Yoongi had dropped to the ground. Fear coursed through their veins, none of them moving. Not a single one of them.knew what to do.

Blood pumped through Jungkook's veins, as he started to get dizzy. He then sprung up and ran towards the vines. His eyes green and vision black.

____

𝕿𝖔 𝖇𝖊 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖚𝖊𝖉...

___

1223 words

•••
Published: 04-19-20