• 𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓 •

____

🥀"And I just need enough of you to dull the pain! Just to get me through the night till we're twins again. Till we're stripped down to our skeletons again."🥀
____

JUNGKOOK'S FOCUS:
third p.o.v

•••

His head hurt. His whole head was throbbing and it felt as if his mind was numb. 'Where is Taehyung?' Was his first thought as he slowly came into consciousness. His last memory being watching Taehyung fall into the massive pile of vines.

He sat up abruptly, his head throbbing even more at the movement but he'd had to know. Where was Taehyung? Where was- "You're awake!" A voice interrupted his train of thought. He looked around the room and followed the voice to see Hoseok sitting in a chair. It seemed Jungkook was back into one of the medical huts that he initially arrived in, and Hoseok was watching over him.

"You have no idea what happened, first you went bat shit crazy and went to Taehyung like 'blah blah! get away from him!' but we managed to knock you out with this creepy potion that Namjoon had, which was plain weird of him to just pull out of his pocket like that and-," Hoseok began to ramble on about everything that had happened, which began to annoy Jungkook to no end. "Hoseok- Hoseok, I know you're trying to catch me up and all... but please, just tell me Taehyung is alright?"He asked, rubbing his temple to try and calm down his raging head ache.

At that, Hoseoks face immediately dropped into a frown. He looked away and sighed, "Jungkook... look, you've been out for more than a week. Taehyung has been as well. We know why you were knocked out, Namjoon used some pretty powerful stuff on you but... Taehyung has just been sleeping, no signs of poison or potion or anything."Hoseok started off with, he then looked back to Jungkook and stared at him deeply in the eyes and continued on."We... we did some research regarding the prophecy, and we think we know what to do. But, it hasn't worked."

At that, Jungkook also began to frown. What does he mean it doesn't work? How could it possibly not work, last time they nailed it right on the head, how could it not work this time?

"Wh-What didn't work, exactly?" Jungkook asked with wonder.

"Well.. we concluded that this part of the prophecy was the retelling of the Princess Talia, also known as Sleeping Beauty." Hoseok took a deep breath and continued on. "She.. was the step sister of Margot, or Snow White as you can recall. She also had her unfortunate near death experience that was a lot more gruesome than her sisters so I will not go into full detail, but essentially, she fell into a deep sleep because of a thorn stuck in her finger."

Jungkook nodded, he was also familiar with the story of sleeping beauty. However, learning from the past, the 'story' that he is so familiar with was probably nothing close to what actually happened. He frowned, getting the gist of what Hoseok was saying. So Taehyung fell asleep after getting pricked by a thorn? Why could they not fix it by now? Hoseok went on with his retelling.

"So... as per the book, we tried taking the thorn out of his finger, just as how Talia's child took the thorn out of hers. But it did not work. We also tried countless potions and other materials to waken him, but everything has failed so far and we are at a lost. So, we have one last resort." He stopped talking and blushed for a bit."I'll let Joon explain it to you when we arrive to Taehyung's room. You think you can walk?" He asked cautiously.

Jungkook nodded and got up from the bed, walking behind Hoseok as he led Jungkook down the hall into a vaster room. The room was far more luxurious than the room they previously in, with pale stone as the walls and nice windows to let the sunshine in, Jungkook was almost jealous of Taehyung. However, he was very concerned for the man as soon as he saw him lying in the big white bed that was positioned to the side of the windows that was just opposite to the door.

As they entered, they were met with three other people in the room beside themselves and Taehyung. Namjoon, Yoongi, and the dog-man he remembered as Jin was all sitting inside and talking quietly before they noticed who had entered the room.

"Ah! Jungkook! You're awake!" Jin said as he stood up and made his way over to the other man. Jin took Jungkook by the hand roughly and shook it, "It's so nice to formally meet you! I'm Seokjin! But you can call me Jin, I-"

"Jin! Now is not the time." Yoongi spoke up from his corner of the room, his black eyes looking back and forth from Taehyung to Jin, which thankfully Jin got the hint and his ears and tail drooped before he sat back down in his chair. Namjoon smiled slightly before looking up at Jungkook.

"I'm glad you're finally awake, Kook. How much as Hoseok told you?" He asked with a sad and lost smile. The atmosphere in the room was eery and sad, a look of being lost was on the three's faces, as if they don't know what to do any longer.

"Um.. a lot actually." Jungkook responded sheepishly. "The only thing he didn't tell me was the solution you guys thought up that I'm apart of."

Namjoon nodded, "Alright." He said. "Well, we did some more research and we came across the human story book of Princess Talia, you are familiar with it correct?"

Jungkook nodded, thinking back on the stories the girls in his village would read and the nursery rhymes his teachers would tell. "Yeah, so? What about it?" He asked confused.

"Well in that version, they solve the problem with a true loves-" suddenly it all registered in Jungkook's mind, and he blushed from head to toe as he interrupted Namjoon.

"I have to kiss Taehyung?!"

___

𝕿𝖔 𝖇𝖊 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖚𝖊𝖉...

___

1030 words

•••
Published: 06-10-21