2- Marcus

It was her.

It was really her.

It was Aella King.

I could never forget those big, deep, denim blue eyes and those soft pink lips. Her pigtails were now replaced by smooth, long, flowing black hair that fell below her shoulders and curled up at the edges.

I watched as she twirled her pen around in her hand. It fell down and she bent down to pick it up, making the hem of her shirt briefly lower a little.

She sat back up straight and crossed her leg over the other. She readjusted her grey t-shirt and leaned against the chair.

I ran my hand through my hair and looked at the front of the class. It was hard to concentrate when I had this bombshell of a girl sitting two seats in front of me in the row next to mine.

She looked bored. Her soft features scrimmed up as she yawned and stretched out. My eyes trailed down her curvaceous body. She just happened to turn around and quickly catch my eye. I smirked at her and offered a tiny wave.

She quickly turned back around, suddenly more conscious of herself.
She pulled on a leather jacket and crossed her arms.

Aella King.

The only girl I'd ever lost my sleep over.

I hated commitment and the fact that most of the girls just wanted to hook up did nothing but boost my ego further. I never wanted serious relationships.

But Aella was different.

Even in third grade, when most girls wanted to talk to me or share lunch with me, I'd look to see if Aella did too.

She never did.

She seemed to stay as far away from me as possible.

And that pissed me off.

I'd try to catch her attention but she'd always turn her back on me. And then I decided I'd tease her, annoy her and irritate her to the extent that she wouldn't stop thinking of me.

Sick. I know but my third grade brains didn't know anything more.

Even when I left the school, she was the only person I could think about. Time flew, we grew older but Aella still hadn't left my mind.

And then Boss finally decided to move back here.

She turned around again, pretending to gaze around the class but precariously ran her eyes over mine for a brief moment before turning around.

She didn't have braces anymore. She had perfect teeth hidden behind those rosy lips, I could bet. If only she smiled more.

Her chubby ten year old body had now transformed into a curvaceous, sexy body. I wondered if she had a boyfriend. Those eyes could drive anybody crazy. From the side, I could see her long, thick lashes, gently grazing at the air as she blinked.

God.

She was hot.

It would be difficult to do my job if her looks kept getting in the way. I couldn't resist the urge and the sweet temptation of looking at her as discretely as I could, every second.

But that wasn't why Boss had sent me here.

I had a job to do and I'd have to do it and it would most likely end up with a lot of people hurt.

But I had to do it.

Finally, the bell rang, snapping me from my trance. Aella quickly got up, gave me a brief look and sped put of the room, as if she wanted to avoid every possible contact with me, even breathing the same air as me.

I got up slowly, throwing the flap of the desk upwards and picked up my bag.

As I was about to leave, the teacher called me.
"Mr. Black."
I turned around, slinging my bag around my shoulder.

"You've been called to the principal's office.",his eyes narrowed at me.

I wasn't surprised. I'd beaten up the kid pretty badly in the hallway.
I mean, he started it. He deserved it.

I quickly ran a hand through my hair and walked out of the room.

It took me a few moments to find my way around. I finally reached the principal's office. I pushed open the door and stepped inside.

"You wanted to see me, sir?",I asked. I was already late and Boss would give me an earful if I didn't make it in time. Not that I cared but I really wasn't in the mood.

"Mr.Black. Welcome back. I see you've gotten into trouble on the first day itself."

I shrugged and sat down on the velvet cushioned chair, placing my bag on the floor beside me.

"Would you care to tell me why Mr.Newman is so badly injured?",Mr. Hansen asked.

"I banged his head against a locker."

"I am aware of that but could you please tell me what made you do that? His mother could have filed a damn case against you. He was this close to having a concussion."

"It won't happen again.",I said calmly as I got up from my seat and picked up my bag. I walked back to the door, opening it slightly with my left hand as I turned around a little.
"Unless he messes with me again. As long as he doesn't do that, you have my word."

I left the principal's office.

"I thought I told you to come early today.",Boss said, spinning in his chair. His face was hidden in the shadows of the room. I could make out his features faintly in the dim light.

His bodyguards stood rigid by his side.

"Sorry. Got caught up.",I said. I could hear my voice ricochet off of the empty walls of the warehouse.

Streaks of sunlight made their way past the grills of the window that sat high on the wall.

"I don't run a damn child care here, Marcus. You cannot afford to get caught up. Do you understand that?",his deep voice boomed in the empty room.

I clenched my jaw firmly and nodded.

"Good."
It sounded like he was smiling.

I'd never seen his face.

I didn't know what he looked like. I needed the money, not the looks. I didn't care. As long as I got my money, I'd work for him.

"Good.",he repeated.
"Now tell me about the Kings. Did you see the daughter today?"

"Yes. Briefly. Though it looks like she doesn't want to have to do anything with me.",I smirked slightly, remembering the annoyance in Aella's face whenever she saw me.

I irked her to no bounds, and that, ladies and gentlemen, is the beginning of every cliche.

"Concentrate, Marcus. If we want to get our hands on the Kings' secrets, all our hopes are on you.",he said.

I nodded solemnly. I couldn't afford to get distracted by her insanely gorgeous looks.

"Get close to her. Get to know her. Get her to trust you completely. I depend on you for this. Do not mess it up.",he said, an eerie coldness taking over his voice.

I stood silently. Aella King would never want to get close to anybody. I pursed my lips tightly.

I had to try my best.

"Okay then, Marcus. I'll see you. And the next time you come here, I want information. Now go."