6 - Marcus

I could barely sit straight in class. Not that I cared about class anyway. I counted the minutes until the bell rang and I got up from my seat.

I didn't groan in annoyance this time I thought about the next class because it was bio, one period I had with Aella. But before that, I had to eat something because the pizza that I'd had last night was the last thing I'd eaten.

As I headed from my locker towards the cafeteria, I could feel several eyes on me. I recognized some people, faintly recognized their faces.

I grabbed some food from the cafeteria and sat down at one of the empty tables. People walked around. Stereotypes sat around the centre table and the whole cafeteria was buzzing.

I saw Aella walk in, her bag clung to her shoulder. She picked up a plate and walked, staring right in front of her, not talking to anybody. She went and sat down on the cornermost table in the cafeteria. Her hair fell in front of her face as she bit into the sandwich. The corners of my lips kicked up in a small smile when I noticed how she dropped some cheese on her shirt and groaned when she had to wipe it off.

"If it ain't my old buddy Marcus Black."

My eyes immediately switched to the person who was standing right next to me. He patted me on my shoulder.

I stood up, facing him.

And then I recognized him. That cut on his eyebrow and that snarly look he always had on his face. His Sandy blonde hair was still cut in the same military hairstyle.

"Come here, you asshole.",he grinned as he pulled me into a hug. I grinned when I pulled back and patted him on his back.

"Good to be back, Jaxon.",I said.

Jaxon had been my friend in third grade, when I'd first moved here.
"How have you been, man?",he grinned.

"Good.",I said as my eyes darted to Aella as I saw her get up and put her plate in the tray. I quickly looked back.

"Why don't you come and join us? Gray and the others are here too.",he said, pointing towards the table in the centre of the cafeteria. I didn't want to waste more time in the cafeteria but I nodded anyway. Jaxon walked towards the table and I followed.

I noticed a blonde sitting at the table. She had icy blue eyes and cherry red lips. She looked up at Jaxon and me when we walked over.

I smirked when I noticed her looking me up and down appreciatively. I ran a hand through my hair as she looked up and met my eyes, smiling slightly.

"Marcus, this is Vanessa.",Jaxon said, pointing towards the blonde.
"My girlfriend."

I raised my eyebrows slightly, still not breaking eye contact with her. She looked annoyed with Jaxon and looked at him, as if asking,
'Did you really have to mention that?'
Her lips were wrapped around a lollipop, it's white stick poking out of her lips.

"That's Keisha, Abby, Jen..."
He went on ranting the names of all the people sitting at the table. I recognized a few people from the last time I was here. I sat down and joined them for a few minutes but I was bored. I didn't know who these people were anymore. They didn't even sound like the same people.

After boredly grunting a few times and rolling my eyes at stupid stuff, I got up slowly.
"I have to get going. I have bio. I'll see you guys later."

"Dude there's a party at Gray's tonight. You wanna come?",Jaxon asked.

"I don't know.",I said.

"Why don't you?",Vanessa cut in, pulling the lollipop out of her mouth with a pop and looking at me from under her lashes.