17 - Aella

I picked up my boxing kit and headed downstairs. The red, sleeveless shirt I was wearing, paired with my black cycling shorts were comfortable and airy. I tightened my bun and then bent down to tighten my shoelaces.

I jogged down the stairs and turned the corner. At this point, I didn't even care if anyone saw me. Dad and Ace had already made up their mind about sending me off as a shipment. I could use the last few days and roam freely as I wished. I honestly didn't care. If I found some spy of Dad's lurking around, I'd give him an earful or probably punch him and tell him to mind his own business.

I ran into Ace in the hallway who was dialling someone's number on his phone.

"Where are you off to?",he asked, looking up from his phone and narrowing his eyes.

"Boxing. And if any of your minions follow me I will give it to them in the neck.",I said coldly and headed out, leaving Ace a little astounded.

I had made my point clear.

I could take care of myself.

I plugged in my earphones and jogged towards the boxing ring.

My thoughts kept floating back to school as I made my way through the streets. I silently groaned in embarrassment when I remembered the scene in the cafeteria. Then my thoughts drifted to biology where Marcus silently reassured me.

Suddenly, I faltered in my steps.

Noah Skywalker was coming to school tomorrow.

I kept walking fast. Turned right.

Noah was one of the only people I genuinely ever had respect for. He was straightforward, confident and funny. Apparently he used to like me but it was third grade so we are going to ignore that tiny fact. 

He had his own set of friends, the star kids in school. And I remembered how he and Marcus never used to get along. Funny.

I didn't remember much about him but some part of me was excited to see how he would turn out to be. 

Guess I would find out.

I finally reached the boxing ring and set my bag down on the floor and pulled out my gloves.

It was empty and silent. The fading sunlight made its way through the top of the stadium. I got up on stage and warmed myself up by stretching out.

The music still played through my earphones faintly but I didn't bother stopping the music.

...

"We ought to stop meeting like this, dollface.",I heard a voice from the entrance.

My chest heaved slightly and my arms were slightly sore. I caught the punching bag and peeked at the entrance. Marcus stood there holding his bag and looking directly at me.

I pulled out my earphones and looked around to make sure my dad's stupid guards hadn't followed me again. I probably wouldn't know even if they did but I did a check anyway.

I reverted my focus back to the punching bag.
"I thought we weren't gonna talk to each other anymore.",I said.

"We aren't. At least not in places where people can see us. I checked outside. There's no one here. From your dad's gang.",he said.