9 - Aella

"Ok here's the plan.",I whispered.

I didn't want to take any chances. If Dad found out there was a living, breathing person in my room apart from me, he would freak out.

It was almost midnight and the entire house was silent. It was getting too hot inside the room without opening my balcony so Marcus took off his jacket.

My eyes were threatening to shut and I could barely sit straight but I there was no way in hell I was falling asleep.

"In the morning, the guards will shift. There will be a duty shift. The guards will take a small break and new guards will replace them. Probably around three in the morning. Do not fall asleep. At three, sneak back out. If anybody catches you, you're dead.",I said slowly.

He looked right into my eyes and nodded. Under the ceiling lights, I still couldn't decipher what he kept hidden behind those eyes but I noticed they weren't completely black. There were hints of grey around his pupil that merged with the obsidian.

I hadn't noticed how thick and long his eyelashes were until he blinked. And I was pretty sure that tiny black mole wasn't there on his chin before.

"Why are you looking at my lips?",he asked and his lips stretched into a smirk.

I looked back up quickly, back into the grey specks of his eyes.
"I wasn't."

"Sure you were. Oh my God. Is Aella King, speaker of no words, the one who's way too self absorbed, thinking about my lips?",he asked. I could feel the amusement in his tone.

"I wasn't even looking at them. I was looking at that mole on your chin."

I mentally slapped myself. What kind of a person admits to looking at somebody's mole?

He grinned. I hadn't realized how perfectly set and how perfectly white his teeth were until he smiled.

I realized my spine was bent and sat up straight. I didn't want to flash him unintentionally. I pulled my shirt back to cover the tattoo on my collarbone. It was far from the hem of my shirt but I didn't want to give him another topic to talk about with me.

He got up from my chair and looked around me room, as if he had all the time in the world. I was having a hard time staying awake.

I noticed the cut on his hand. It had stopped bleeding but it looked gruesome. I winced as his fingers bent slightly. There seemed to be no reaction from him for the pain in his hand. I slowly got up and made my way to my study table. I pulled open the drawer and pulled out a first aid kit which had some bandages and cotton rolls.

"Come here.",I said quietly, not attaching any tone to my voice. He looked at me and saw the first aid kit in my hand.

"I'm fine.",he said, looking back at the bookshelf he was examining so keenly.

"Come. Here."

He looked at me and raised an eyebrow.
"Very demanding, aren't we, dollface?",he smirked.

He walked over to the bed and plopped down beside me, stretching out his hand.

I quietly grabbed some antiseptic and dabbed the cotton in it.

I caught his hand gently and wiped his hand and he did not even wince when the antiseptic cotton ball cleaned his cut. It must have burned like hell but his face relayed no pain. He ran his good hand through his hair and looked at me.

His hands were rough and large with long fingers. I straightened his fingers that had curled up a bit as I wrapped the bandage around his palm. I tightened it and patted it before handing his hand back.