Chapter 1

"Daisy, hurry, we will be late for the wedding!" Amanda careened the name of her best friend, Daisy who has been in preparation for more than an hour now.

If there was something Amanda is ever embittered with Daisy about in this life, it is the outrageous level of her tardiness whenever she was going out.

Daisy smiled ruggedly from her room where she was still struggling to smother her rouge lipstick, dropped it, and patted her mouth to even it. She knows how much her time waste would agonize her dear friend, so she didn't waste as much time as she would have taken to apply a nude shade to the rouge to form an ombre lip before running to her closet to pick out her shoes.

"Daisy!"

"I swear to you, I will soon be done in a minute!" She returned impishly, rummaging through her rack.

"You said that about thirty minutes ago!" The latter retorted with an audible huff and went to lap against the living room leather cushion to wait. Knowing her friend it would take an extra thirty minutes before she came out.

Daisy rummaged through her shoe racks, throwing away from one shoe to another as she searched for the right color to match her red short tulle. Fashion was something she could never flounder on, but if she would have to bruise the heart of her friend for another few minutes, then she has to make it worth it.

It was all her fault. Daisy reflected. She had told her she wouldn't be able to go for this wedding but the latter persisted. It all started three weeks ago when Amanda returned from her dancing class full of exuberance about meeting a new lesbian partner and then she had gone on to tell Daisy that the said girl is Bi, and would be getting married on the next the third Saturday, which happened to be today.

At first, Daisy had refused, saying she wouldn't want to be present and watch her, Amanda, marry off another lesbian partner after watching her break apart the first time that happened but Amanda insisted, saying she wanted to be there for the new friend because she was honest with her from the first, unlike the first time. And that was how she found herself in this obtuse situation.

Exactly as envisaged by Amanda, it was thirty minutes before Daisy hurried out of her room, possibly looking hotter than the bride herself.

"Daisy!" Amanda cried in alarm, "how come you look fancier than the bride? I told you, that for today you should be considerate with your fashion! Oh, Mother Mary..." She huffed and stood, not daring to ask Daisy to go back and change or risk forfeiting the wedding in total.

"I'm sorry, Mandy..." Daisy dragged, sucking in air and holding herself from laughing as she followed Amanda out of her apartment. "You know me well that there is no possible way I could have dressed lower than my standard just because I want to be considerate," She rambled on as they reached her black Chevrolet outside, and the back door slid open for them to enter.

Daisy Raven Richards is an accomplished fashion designer who resigned from her modeling career and had gone into the fashion business after suffering a terrible divorce from her husband who accused her of cheating on him the first day she broke it to him that she was pregnant. It is one huge blow she doesn't think she could ever overcome in her life no matter how much she tried.

Ethan was her everything. She literally adored the ground he walked on and yet that very day he stood before her and looked deep into her eyes and told her it was over.

At first she thought it was a prank, as they were often playing tricks on each other. Once, she called him and told him she was about to hang herself to test his love for her, meanwhile, she was in her house sipping a glass of lemonade and in a frenzy, the poor man rushed back to her from work and was very furious she had to lie to him about that. He had promised to pay back and it went a long time before he did.