78 - t h e r a p y (end)

Faye walked into the beige office with white bookshelves and comfy looking chairs, the white window frame had clearly been recently dusted. Succulents in crystal pots sat happily on that window still, the golden sun from the early morning shining through the glass, disturbed only by the leafless branches causing shadows to break the stream of light.

"Faye?" The dark skinned man asked, smiling widely. He stood up and held his hand out to shake.

"Dr. Melbourne?" She assumed, taking his hand in hers and shaking it lightly.

"Why don't you take a seat, and we will begin?" He smiled and Faye mimicked.

"I don't really know what to do," Faye stated quietly, taking a seat in the brown chair opposite the Doctor.

"Why don't you start by tell me why you're here?"

She chuckled lightly, "My brother and boyfriend thought it would be a good idea,"

He nodded, "Why's that?"

She fiddled with the sleeves of her black oversized hoodie, "I was in an accident, like, two years ago? I guess I haven't been doing too well since then,"

Melbourne nodded understandingly and took a deep breath. "That must have been really hard for you,"

"Sorry, you probably already knew that. There was a whole article about the accident being fake," She attempted a laugh but it just came out dry and bitter.

"I don't really keep up with celebrity news," The corners of his lips twitched up as she made eye contact with him with her head still facing her sleeves. "How did that make you feel? The article?"

"I didn't really feel anything. I haven't felt a lot of things since the crash, everything's been just grey," She answered truthfully.

"Grey?"

"Like, dull, meaningless. I couldn't shower or even brush my teeth for days at a time," She expanded, he nodded. "Shouldn't you be writing this down? That's what they do in the movies,"

He let out a chuckle, "I find that it helps both me and the patient if I do the writing after the session. That way, you have my full attention,"

Faye pieced her lips and nodded, further examining the room. He had a Mac computer and laptop on the light oak desk, his PhD and other qualifications on the wall. The bookshelves were overflowing with books, with some of the paper-covers piled on the coffee table near the couch and single chairs.

The hour passed quicker than Faye had expected it to.

"I would like to point out that you made the right decision coming here, Faye," He said as he stood up to walk Faye to the door, "When you don't feel physically well, you see a doctor. It's no different when it's your mentality that's getting you down - the brain is the most important part of the body and that's where it's happening,"

"Thank you for your time," Faye said gratefully as she nodded.

"Have a nice day, be safe getting home now," He smiles, waving her out of his office and letting the next person in.

When she walked out of the building, Chris was there with tulips. She hugged him and the two quickly seated themselves in the car, staying in the parking lot for the better part of half an hour and just talking.

"I'm glad you're doing this, Faye. You deserve to be healthy," Chris stated, his voice full of heart. She knew he was referencing back to when she had a cold and had joked around saying that she didn't deserve to be healthy - although it wasn't a joke, and Chris must have caught onto that.

"I'm glad I'm doing this too," She smiled.

She knew it was a huge stepping stone for her, but she also felt that getting better meant that she would be less of a burden to everybody else.

A/U:
And that's all, folks! I waited until midnight to post this because I like this chapter, it's very real and I feel like it ties the whole story together as it basically started with Faye's accident. Thank you all so much for taking the time to read this story of mine and I really hope you enjoyed it! I really can't believe that I have finished this story already, and it only took like 80 days.

I don't know what I'm going to do with my life now, I've binged all of my shows and I've finished this book. The only thing left to do is pay attention to my courses but I'm definitely not doing that 😂

Thanks so much to everybody who has read, voted, or commented on this story. It really did mean the world - and the fact that this now has 3.5K reads! Huge achievement for me.

That's all for now, still deciding whether my next story will be a Zendaya, Tom Holland, Cole Sprouse, Steve Rogers, Charles Xavier, or Loki story 🤷🏻‍♀️ too much ideas in my small brain

Thank you :)