Pink it is.

As we bundle out of the elevator, I have mentally kicked my own ass enough to rid my mind of any thoughts I may  be harbouring for surfer Gerbal boy.
Yes, he is cute. Yes, he was nice to us at the bus when we were being abused by Larissa. But those two things are not enough for me to drop my game plan. No guys this semester. That's my self- imposed rule. I need to concentrate on class and keep my gpa steady if I want a chance of getting into the grad program after my degree.

I tick my mental check list:
1- Keep my grades steady
2- Maintain personal fitness above expected team standards.
3- No guys!

Got it. Temporary set back. Very temporary. I was only slightly swayed by his boyish charm and tanned bod. I wonder how far his tan goes...
No! I give myself a little slap across the face and earn a strange look from Candice. I remember that the last forty seconds of freaking myself out has all been in my head until the slap.

I need to get a grip!

Together, we head down the hall way of our floor. It seems to be girls only and looks to contain more of the cheer and dance team, new and experienced. I remember reading that they like to pair up freshman with existing team members, those that choose to stay in the dorms and not in sorority's that is.

I hope I get a nice roommate. I'm eternally grateful that Candice is just next door. I take small comfort in that fact as we reach her room first and we stop at the open door.

A tall, slim girl with dark skin and long, black braided hair appears at the door. She dazzles us with her smile. Perfect straight teeth adorn her lightly made up face and she stands in front of us wearing the cheer team uniform.

"Candice?" She questions, looking between us.

"Present!" Candice all but shouts and drops her bags.

"Great! Welcome to your new home, I'm Amie."

She ushers Candice in and gives me a polite nod.

"Hey, I'm Ellis." I say quietly.

"She is our new neighbour." Candice explains as she looks around her new room.

There are two beds, each in front of a window. The room is perfectly tidy and well decorated in a simple ivory theme with the simple colour matching on the walls and carpet.

Amie's bed is covered with a beautiful cream cover and is full of clothes all on hangers or folded, ready to be put away in her extremely neat side of the closet.

There are pictures on the wall next to the door and I can see some of the dance and cheer teams.

"Well, it was nice to meet you Amie." I say and look over to Candice who is now sitting in her new bed.

"I'll come see you in half hour ok?" She says and comes to give me a quick hug.

"Really? We are hugging already?" I say and hug her back.

"Sure, sure, we are old friends now. Besides, you are not getting rid of me that easy." She pokes her tongue out as I turn to leave.

I retrieve my dumped bags and head to the next room along. The door is slightly adjar and I can hear the soft tone of a girls voice as she speaks to someone on the phone.

"No mom, a freshman remember? I haven't met her yet. I'll let you know ok? Ok, bye." She hangs up and I take that as my cue to knock.

"Coming" she says.

I take a deep breath. Please let this girl be someone I can get along with this year. At least.

The door swings open and I gasp as I take in the person before me. She is an Amazon! She is easily a foot taller than my 5'2 inches and she is a freaking supermodel!

Her long auburn hair hangs loosely around her thin face and accents her highest of the high cheekbones. I swear those babies could cut ice! She has skin the colour of cream silk and the dance team uniform molds to her long, lean frame like it's made for the runway.

She wears small circle framed glasses over her bright blue eyes and I immediately feel self conscious of my boring caramel brown eyes and dull Mousey brown hair.

Why do I have to be roomies with a Victoria Secret model! Why! Someone in the gods of cheer and dance has a hilarious sense of humour.

My self confidence takes a plummet as I try to find my voice and pick up my tongue from the floor.

"Hey, ahh hi, I'm Ellis. I guess we are roommates?"

A huge smile illuminated her perfect specimen of a face and she reaches out and pulls me into a tight squeeze!

That was unexpected. But comforting.

"Oh my god! I'm so happy to finally meet you Ellis! Come in, come in."

She helps drag my bags in and sets them down next to my new bed.

"I'm Alexis, but everyone calls me Lexi. I'm so excited to be your room mate!"

The glamazon is nice. Thank god. Though it would have been easier to hate her for being so hot if she was mean!

I take a steadying second to look around my new room as she steps back to let me take it all in. It's identical in lay out to Candice and Amies room, except ours has a bathroom! Yes! I knew that some of the rooms had a small en-suite. I have hit the shower jackpot here.

Again, it is an all ivory themed room, though in ours there are subtle hints of pink. Lexi's doing I assume, as the pink is in external places like the curtains, a floor rug and her bed cover. Our room also boasts a small pale pink couch and tv theatre and stereo set up.

I love it! Though I'm not a huge fan of pink, it seems my roommate is, but the room is not overdone. It's definitely way better than anything I expected.

As though she senses my thoughts she says;

"My Parents sprung for the couch and TV set up, seeing as though I wanted to stay in the dorms and not an apartment, they wanted to do something nice. I hope you don't mind?"

I can't believe she is asking me this!

"Ah no, it's amazing" I reply and she smiles, seemingly happy with that.

"You must be exhausted from your huge trip. How exciting that you are here all the way from Australia. I want to hear all about it when you are settled."

She sits on her bed and faces me.

" I am a little tired, but I'm way too over excited to rest now. "

She nods and offers me a small smile.

"Well, if you are up to it, in a few hours there is a welcome party in the centre park just outside. You can meet more of the team?"

I'm not sure if I'm ready for that but I know that there is no way I could sleep hey.

"Yeah sure. Sounds great. I might just take a shower and get some plane grease off me first." I say with a shrug.

She laughs and nods at me and then stands to leave.

"Ok great. I'm going to go pop in on a few of the girls, I'll come collect you in a couple hours ok?"

I nod and return her smile as she grabs her little pink purse off her bedside table and heads out, shutting the door behind her.
I move over to the door and lock it. I turn and rest my back on the door, take a long, deep breath and while I release it, I take in the entirety of my new home. This is it. No turning back now. I'm here, my roommate is lovely, my room is amazing, I have already made a great new friend. This is my dream. Nothing is going to derail me now.

Wubba_6  please edit when you can , thank you!!!