Coffee is my lover

Warning: Mature content ahead kids. Read wisely.

As we sit in one of the small, overly cushioned booths, all three of us are practicing the subtle, yet underestimated art of avoidance. Jax is avoiding my eyes at all cost. Candice is avoiding a third brownie and failing. And I am avoiding the depressing doom that is my reality.

How fun is this. The blackboard says "Love Bites" today and it has never been more appropriate.

"Ok that's it. I'm having another brownie. Don't judge me, I'm pre menstrual." Candice all but yells and she clambers out of the centre position in the booth and bounds towards the counter.

Like we could have stopped her.

"Go for it love. Just hope I'm not on the bottom of your pyramid tomorrow." I tease and earn myself a deep seeded glare. If looks could kill.

Jax scoffs beside me and his eyes flicker up to meet mine for a brief second before he goes back to picking at the edge of the frayed table cloth.

"Jax, are you actually going to look at me sometime today or is this our new normal now?" I tease, flicking the last crumb off my plate at his face and marveling at his quick reflexive swatting manoeuvre.

"I'm sorry. I feel really awkward around you now. It's shit. Its like I don't know how to act normal anymore or some shit."

He finally looks at me and he seems so serious about it all. It's literally the last thing I need right now. This is not in my avoidance plan.

"I have told you, I don't blame you for any of it ok? Honestly. It is what it is. I'm sure it won't be the last time I make a decision with my hormones rather than my head while I'm in college." I reply with a small laugh and put my hand on his.

I mean it. I feel bad for Bayne's girlfriend more than anyone else in this situation. But that's on him. I'm ready to write this whole thing off as a blunder in time and get on with my life.

Do I regret the situation? Yes. Do I regret being with him? Hell no. And that's the truth.

Jax finally holds my gaze and a small smile creeps over his face. He can be so sweet this one. Too sweet. He is on the verge of being way too close to the nice line for me. I am the first to admit that guys like him are the ones who get taken for a ride by girls just because they are too sweet for their own good.

The way he looks at me, I know I could send him for a loop and he wouldn't even have a clue. And girls like Candice, they would eat him alive.
Maybe it just me, but I need a little bad to keep me keen. Sick as that is to admit. Nice is boring.

How fucked up is that. Maybe there is stick to the old  treat them mean keep them keen bulllshit.

Looking at his adorable face now, they way his light splash of freckles reach his nose, the way his eyes scrunch up when he smiles; it's easy to be attracted to him. He is gorgeous, in that classic tall dark and handsome way. I bet he is even nice to his mum. And old ladies. But he just screams sickly sweet. The kind of guy you introduce to your parents. Not fuck.

I couldn't do it. I want the animal attraction. The chemistry buzz. I want the animalistic urges.
I would break this one and he wouldn't even care.

I want Bayne. As messed up as that sounds.

As Candice returns with not one but two brownies, I snap out of my trance and join the conversation.
Jax is talking about a party at one of the fraternity houses tonight and of course Candice wants to go.