Study first, kiss last

As soon as Lexi leaves, I get straight into the shower and scrub a whole day of flying grit from my body. Attempting to find clothes buried in my bags, that were not dirty or wrinkled was not an easy task, so I got stuck into unpacking as much as I could before a loud knock on my door interrupts my hang and fold routine. As soon as I unlock and open the door, Candice springs into the room and executes a series of turns and a perfect grande jette.

"Are you ready to mingle?" She says as she not- so-subtlety takes in my appearance, and gives me a small shake of her head in response. I'm still in a towel and I have soaking wet hair, what was she expecting? As I look at her, I realise she is dressed, of course, to perfection.

She is now wearing too-tight, deep blue jeans that accentuate her tiny curves, which she has matched with a simple white tank top and colourful kimono over the top. She is effortlessly gorgeous in her small tan heels and  hair is let loose around her shoulders in soft curls. She has refreshed her make up. Though it's only a simple outfit, she still manages to look like she has been dressed by a professional stylist.

She makes me feel so daggy! Great. What the hell am I going to wear?

"Need some help?" She says, as though she has heard my inner dialogue. She stalks over to my closet and starts to rummage through my freshly hung and folded clothing, before I even get a chance to answer.

This is the kind of friend I need. Slightly forceful, confident, with a hint of bossy and a tonne of sass.

I see items of clothing being tossed into the air over her head, they scatter through the air like pieces of coloured confetti. I guess it doesn't matter now that I just spent precious time folding and sorting these items and placing them in the closet.

"Ah ha." She says finally with a satisfied grin on her pink painted lips.

"Here, put this on with these and then I'll help you with your hair?" She hands me some black tight jeans that roll up slightly at the bottom and a black lace tank to match. She stares at me and raises a brow.

"So that wasn't a question?" I ask, and snatch the clothes from her and trudge into the bathroom to change.

Guess not. I have only known her a day but I suspect that this girl gets everything she sets her mind to.

I hope a little of that runs off on me. I have confidence but in a quiet, independent kind of way. Not like this. Candice oozes self confidence and it's addictive.

After sliding into her chosen outfit and rummaging in my messy closet for some caramel slip ons, I shake my wet hair out and attempt to throw it up into a messy bun. I slap some concealer and foundation on and add some bronzer for some colour and decide that's enough effort for day one.

I step out and see that she has taken a seat on my bed. She lifts her head when she hears me come out and stands to inspect me like I am a work in progress. She lifts her hand and motions for me to spin so she can see all angles.

I oblige, slowly turning for her like a small piece of art in her personalised girlie gallery. I nervously await her response as she stairs at me through her long, mascara filled lashes.

"Yes, this will do. For now." She smiles and actually pats herself on the back.

"Why do I feel like I am now your project?" I ask with a sarcastic tone.

She winks at me, motioning for me to sit down in front of her.

"Because you are of course. I love a pet project and you, my new friend, are just the kind I like. It will be just like that movie, She's all that".