EXTRA: Marry Me

Hi! It's been a long time since I've touched or opened Wattpad (been a busy couple of years for me). Anyway, I wrote this extra about a year ago during one boring summer day and I haven't posted it because I was waiting for the YOI movie to come out. I figured that's gonna take a while, so here's a little treat while we wait! Hope you guys like it!
———————————————

Forever can never be long enough for me
To feel like I've had long enough with you...

There was just something about weddings that made Yuri Plisetsky cringe.

Elaborate flower arrangements lined an aisle in the middle of a private banquet hall. The room was filled with both familiar and unfamiliar faces, all clad in their best suits or dresses. There was nothing but happiness in the air as everyone took their seats, eagerly anticipating the arrival of the blushing bride.

Yuri could not understand why people made such a big deal about a couple tying the knot. Marriage was essentially a celebration of eternal love—in his mind, that was meant to be a simple and intimate affair. Then again, being one of the most well-known figure skaters in the world meant having a big wedding with all the trimmings. He fiddled with the collar of his new dress shirt, scoffing as the extravagance of the occasion made him feel a bit stuffy.

All his qualms were forgotten, however, when he saw who was coming down the aisle.

Ayumi was as angelic as ever, wearing a classic A-line dress that complimented her fair skin. Her hair was tied in a neat bun with her bangs effortlessly framing her delicate face. There were baby's breath flowers attached to her hair, and the whiteness of the petals perfectly matched the whiteness of the bouquet she held in her hands. The simplicity of her beauty made her stand out amongst the grandeur that surrounded her. She was gorgeous, and Yuri suddenly found it difficult to breathe.

Now that the weight has lifted
Love has surely shifted my way...

It seemed like it was only a few days ago when they conquered a challenge that tested their relationship as well as their confidence in themselves. All that was water under the bridge now. He vowed never to let her do something stupid again, protecting her from everything that could possibly harm her. Seeing her come closer with each graceful step made his heart beat a mile a minute. Ayumi was real, and she was about to be—

... Wait, what?

She passed by him, turning to her left and proceeding to the second row of seats. It was only when he saw who was walking a few feet behind her that his mind came crashing down to earth. Reality sank in: Ayumi was merely a bridesmaid. He was the freaking best man, and he was in the middle of Viktor and the Katsudon's wedding.

Marry me
Today and every day...

"Welcome family, friends and loved ones. We are gathered on this glorious day to celebrate the union of Viktor Nikiforov and Yuuri Katsuki. You have come here to share in this formal commitment they make to one another, to offer your love and support to this union, and to allow them to start their married life together surrounded by the people dearest to them."

Damn it, he thought. Why the hell am I even here? His mood turned sour when he realized he was daydreaming like a lovesick kitten, and he remembered how his girlfriend got him to attend the ceremony that triggered it in the first place:
------