Meeting Jack

The door to the bakery swung open. Jack jumped and looked in the doorway.
"Suzanne, you're home early," he said. He took a double take. "Where is your brother?!"
"I'm here, Papa! I brought a guest!" Richard exclaimed. He walked into the bakery and then gestured to the mystery person to come in.
"Children if this is a crook I'm going to be ups-PRINCE DAVE?!" Jack stood straight up and bowed to the royalty that had entered his home. The prince smiled at the baker.
"No need for that. I'm simply here to stay an evening, if you don't mind." the prince said, his voice gentle. Jack stood straight and moved away from his counter.
"I-its an honor meeting you, your highness. Never did I think I'd ever have you in my home and my shop." Jack said, twisting his hands.
"Do you need anything? Something to eat? A drink? A place to sit?"
"Oh, a small thing to eat will be fine, sir." Dave said, smiling.
"Papa, he let me ride his horse!" Suzanne exclaimed, grinning.
"He let me hold his hand," Richard said, gently patting the prince's hand. "Everyone else in town hated it though."
"Oh dear... Did my children trouble you, your majesty? I do apologize, they've been without mother for years and-"
"No need to apologize. They're lovely," Prince Dave said. "And please, you may call me Dave. May I have your name?" he asked
"...Jack. Jack Kennedy. And those are my children Suzanne and Richard." the baker replied. He hurriedly went to his kitchen to grab something decent for the prince.
why does my heart feel as though its exploding? Must be the excitement of the prince choosing my home. Jack thought to himself, smiling a bit.