Chapter 15

As I woke up, I noticed it was only me in the bed. No Zach, nobody was even in the room. No need to panic, I saw a little dog at the end of my bed though. I clicked my tongue, they perked up and moved closer. It was Romeo. I could tell by the scrawny bones rubbing against my legs. I smile and pet him for a couple minutes, and realize how hungry I am. Getting up, Romeo gets off my bed and walks down the ramp. 

"Tori?" someone said, I couldn't pick out the person that went with the voice. 

I peeked out by the ramp, and saw Tye. I nodded in his direction, and he smiled back at me. 

"It's dinner time,you ready?" he asked me, starting to walk towards the door backwards. 

Nodding in response, I make my way down the ladder. Romeo follows right behind me, and I follow Tye to the kitchen. Walking down, I didn't see many people. I guess people were already at the table eating. I wonder what time it actually is, and what my other brother are doing. 

"Oh, there you are Tori!" Trevor said coming up to hug me. 

Hugging me, I looked around. All my brothers, at one table. Just us, or at least for now just us. I didn't see no Allyson, or my adoptive father and his sons. I didn't see any Zach, which made me really sad. I really needed to see him smile, maybe then I could smile as bright as him. 

"You ready to eat?" Someone said behind me as they wrap their arms around my waist. 

I spin around and see it's Zach himself, smiling at me. I smile back, and nod in response. As he lets me go, he lingers his hand on my hand. Butterflies erupted in my stomach and made me feel so good, but bad at the same time. This guy, this guy is going to be the death of me. 

Grabbing some food, I make my way to the table. Most of my brothers already had their food on their plates and were eating. I don't blame them, It's pretty late, since It's dark outside. I didn't see anyone around us, except us. I felt safe, and smiled at my food. 

"You've been asleep for a long time, people started to wonder where you were" Tanner said, chuckling. 

I chuckled along with him and started to shake my head. Moments where I'm laughing along with my brothers, and actually enjoying myself don't come often. As everyone is eating, we all crack some jokes and laugh so much, food was spilling out of our mouths. Even Zach was laughing really hard, and he shared a few corny jokes. 

As everyone started to clean up after themselves, Zach came up behind me again. This time he rested his head on my shoulder as I washed my dish. I jumped, which made him chuckle. 

"I'm not going to hurt you. I promise" He whispered, burrowing his face in my neck.

How I wanted to believe him, but I had to stay strong. I had to keep fending for myself, even if it is meaning I lose him. I just couldn't think of a life without him, he has made me so happy already. I don't want to get hurt, or have him get hurt by me. 

"I'm going to go up to y'all s room and talk to the guys. You ok staying down here?" He asked, still having his head in my neck.

I nodded, and he smiled at me. I returned the smile and went back to cleaning the dishes. I decided to be nice and do them since everyone was busy laughing and joking around. I'm almost done with them anyways, and there's only a few left to clean.

As I finished the last dish, I saw Allyson come into the kitchen. Seeing me, she smirked and started walking towards me. 

"You think you're all that, don't you?" she said in a snarky tone, getting really close to me. "Zach is mine, and he will always be mine. He just doesn't know it just yet. You're in my way to get to him, and I can easily get you sent back to the Orphanage where you belong."

I started laughing, seriously laughing. She really thinks I care? As she looks at me confused, I keep laughing. My adoptive father comes in wanting to know what was happening.

"what's going on you two?" He said in a stone voice.

"She mocking me!" She squealed.

I shook my head, but kept laughing. In between my laughing fits I got out. 'she's obsessed with Zach" and kept laughing afterwards. It was so funny in my head, but not to her. 

"You're double Zach's age Allyson! Get that into your head!" he said once he understood what I said.

I started laughing even harder. Knowing she's done this before is amazing to watch unfold.

"But age is just a number!" She squealed again, but higher. 

That made me cover my ears in pain. Sensitive hearing is a pain sometimes. I kept laughing and so did my adoptive father. He was laughing, for the same reason I was. He wasn't as dumb as I thought he was. 

"Age is just a number, but you won't be accepted into any society like that" He said calming down from our laughing fits. 

"Ok and? So?" she said in a snarky attitude. She almost looked like she was going to cry.

"Just no. Ok" He said, stopping his laughing fit completely. 

I also stopped shortly after, and we just stared at her. She got really red faced and stormed out of the kitchen and I heard a door slam shut. 

"Oh my, she's crazy" He said chuckling to himself. "Have a good night Tori!"

I waved bye to him, and started to walk towards the stairs. I heard my brother laughing, and heard Zach telling a joke. 

Hey :) so I finally updated! I'm so sorry broskies. Enjoy!