Chapter 2

"That should be the place where she lives," I explained to Cassie.

"Better hope she's home so we can ask her questions."

We walked up to her front door and knocked. A girl with blonde hair opened it.

"Hello. Are you Kylie Jennings?" I asked the girl.

"Yes."

"Hi, we are Agent Todd and Meyer from the FBI. Do you know this guy?" Cassie asked her, showing a picture of the guy with the bunny head.

"Yes, it's my boyfriend Mike Hooks. But I already told this to your colleagues. They were here an hour ago."

Cassie and I shared a knowing look. Then I took the situations over.

"Yes, of course Ms. Jennings. However, our colleagues had to go urgently and therefore couldn't share any information with us. If you don't mind, could you repeat the info you shared with them?"

"I only told them that we were shopping at a thrift shop for a party. We needed costumes and he loved this mask, so he tried it on. He started acting really weird after that, like a completely different person. That's it," she explained looking very sad.

"Okay. Thank you, Ms. Jennings. We will call you if anything happens."

We got back into our car and started driving to our motel.

"First the station, now here? Since when is the FBI interested in such cases?" Cassie asked me.

"I don't know. But it also could be other hunters. I don't think the FBI would get involved in this," I came to a stop abruptly. "Wait! Do you still got the number of that cute officer?" I asked her, having an idea in mind.

"Yes, why?"

"Because you are going out with him for dinner and you will ask him question whether he knows something."

***

I was sitting on my bed, cleaning my gun when Cassie walked in a little bit tipsy and started giggling.

"Cassie," I groaned, "we are here for a case. Not getting drunk. Fun comes after work. You were supposed to get intel and not get drunk."

"Hehe. I know. It's just... we were having so much fun," she giggled.

"Did you at least ask him questions?"

"Yes," she swayed over to her bed and jumped down on it, "He said, that those other Agents, Elliot and Savage, are friends of the Sheriff and are helping her with the case."

"Helping her? Seems a bit strange to me. FBI Agents helping a tiny town for a friend. These names sound familiar though. Did he tell you anything else?" I furrowed my eyebrows when I saw her texting on her phone. "Cassie! Concentrate for god sake," I yelled at her.

"Sorry. Yes, he told me that the guy wearing the mask attacked the Sheriff and another Officer, and while protecting themselves, the Officer shot him. And the mask fell off."

I jumped up. "Then we need to go and get the mask and burn it. It's probably a cursed object," I started walking to pick up my bag.

"No need. He also told me that the mask went missing. But apparently Sheriff Donna Hanscum handled it," she shrugged, still texting someone.

"This all seems so weird. First she gets help from FBI agents to help with this case. Then she takes care of the mask, which is probably cursed. I'm not so sure that she is who she says she is. And her FBI friends either. It just seems odd and I am sure they are hunters. But we -" I got interrupted by Cassie.