Chapter 14

We came back to the guys' motel room.

"Did you find anything?" Cassie asked them curiously while taking off her blazer.

"Uh, yeah... jack. Absolutely nothing points to a werewolf," Sam sat up straight on the couch from his laying position.

"Well, step aside Oracle," I showed him the flash drive in my hand and walked up to him to put it into the laptop.

"It was Dan who stole the Nannycam," Cassie explained to them while getting us something to drink from the fridge.

"Why?" Dean asked us but after Cassie threw him a knowing glance he put the dots together. "He was screwing the sitter." I nodded pointing my finger at him.

They watched the video. "Wait a minute. I thought Dan was at dinner with Melissa?" Sam asked us bluffed.

"That's not Dan," Cassie took a sip from her beer. They continued watching the video and stopped it. They looked at 'Dan's' eyes and saw that they were glowing. "Shapeshifter."

***

We got a call the next morning. Dan was murdered. His heart was ripped out. Cassie and I went to check it out, while Sam and Dean were taking a look at the body and the crime scene.

We were talking to Dan's assistant, "You're the last person who's seen your boss alive. Did you notice anything unusual?"

"Nothing unusual per se. Kind of rude. This young girl, couldn't have been more than nineteen, came through the elevator when I was leaving," she told us. Sam and Dean heard her and came up to us.

Sam showed her a photo of Stacie on his phone, "Is this her?"

"Yeah, that's the girl," she looked kind of shocked. We all looked at each other.

"Thank you for your time, Ma'am," I said, and we all walked into a different part of the room.

"Well, that confirms we're dealing with a shifter," Sam sighed.

"Yeah, who's upping his game by impersonating dead people. I'm guessing that it's the wife," I said while we were walking out of the building. The others agreed.

***

Dean and I went to Melissa's house. We figured it would be best, to not crowd her and that maybe a woman's touch could be necessary. We were already talking to her, when it got to the hard part.

"I'm sorry, but we have to ask you a difficult question. Were you aware that your husband was having an affair with your babysitter?" I looked at her with concerned eyes.

I think that at first she didn't knew how to respond, but then she sighed, "Yes, I knew. I know what you're thinking. Jealous wife kills her cheating husband. But that couldn't be further from the truth. I loved Dan, I still do. It may sound pathetic, but I thought we still had a chance."

"Well, thank you for your time. We will leave you alone, to get some rest," I sighed heavily.

"Before we go, could you write us down your phone number, so we can get ahold of you if we have any more questions?" I saw Dean giving her a silver pen to check if she was the shapeshifter.

"Sure," she nodded and took it. Dean and I looked at each other and sighed. We weren't any closer to solving the case.

"And if anything strange or out of the ordinary comes up, don't hesitate to call. We're staying at the motel on Mainstreet," I explained to her.

She gave us her written-down phone number, "Thanks."

We exited her house and Dean sighed annoyingly, "Nice, so she's not our shapeshifter."