Chapter 21

I was going to make myself something to eat when I heard whispering coming from the kitchen. I peeked through the corner and saw Sam, Dean and Dylan there. They were trying to be as quiet as possible.

"Hope Springs, Idaho. A guy named Wes Cooper killed himself after killing a co-worker. According to the reports, though, nobody knows why. Apparently he was a perfectly happy guy, and then... snap," Sam told the others.

"So, what? Possession?" Dean asked.

"Or he was soulless," Sam concluded.

"It ain't much, but given what we got, I'll take it. We will be one step closer to Amara," Dylan said.

"It will be better if we get out of here before Ally notices something. I don't want her getting any ideas if we encounter Amara there," I heard Dean sigh.

"I agree. The sooner we leave the later she will notice we're not even here," Dylan agreed with Dean.

"Do you really think it's a great idea?," Sam asked them. "Listen, I care about her as much as you do but wouldn't it be better if we let her know?"

"Sam, she will get crazy ideas. I don't want her anywhere near Amara. It's better we let her stay in the unknown."

I rolled my eyes at them. They couldn't possibly think that I would stay here in the bunker while they try to find Amara and kill her. I didn't expect this from Dylan. I thought we had a plan.

I decided to take matters into my own hands. Before they noticed that I was listening in on them I went to look for Cassie to tell her that we're leaving to go to Idaho.

***

Cassie and I were already in my car when my phone started ringing. The Caller ID said it's Dean.

I huffed, "Don't answer it."

Cassie looked at me with a confused look on her face, "Can you finally tell me why we left the boys behind and where we're going?"

"Fine," I sighed. "Well, I overheard Sam, Dean and Dylan arguing about not taking me with them on the next trip because there is a chance that we could meet Amara there. So I decided before they could go, to take you and drive to Idaho to deal with it first. They're probably calling to find out where we are."

"Are you crazy?! Why didn't you just talk with them about it? I bet they would understand it," Cassie looked at me with huge eyes.

"And I bet if I had talked with them they would've locked me up and go on their trip eventually. I'm just disappointed that Dylan agreed on doing this," I sighed.

"Listen, I know you're angry right now. But they only wanted what's best for you. They wanted to protect you."

"I don't need their protection. I can take care of myself. And if the last six years haven't proven that to you, I don't know what will," I tightened my grip on the steering wheel.

"Hey, don't come at me with that. I of all people know how hard it was and that you can perfectly take care of yourself. It's just... sometimes even the strongest people need help," Cassie sighed and looked out the window. I knew she was upset. She only wanted what's best for me, even though I didn't like to accept that. I would do everything to protect her, and I know she would do the same for me.

"Fine, I will call them as soon as we will get there. But not sooner. I need time to get ahead of the game. I can't let them win," I grinned to myself.

"You do know that solving the case or getting to know if it has something to do with Amara isn't a competition," she raised her eyebrows at me.

"I know. It'll just be more fun to see the look on their faces when I'll tell them how we will find Amara," I laughed.