Chapter 3

Of course he wasn't okay. He was dead. Damn it. Another death that could have been prevented if I just had been there five minutes earlier. I was outside of our motel room, smoking a cigarette, what I only did when I was really upset. The coach's throat was slit open and there was nothing that I could have done to help him. After seeing his dead body, I didn't even think about talking to the man from the elevator. I had wondered if he was one of the hunters that also worked on this case. He didn't seem fazed by what happened in the elevator. He was rather more scared of the clown than of the ghost possessing the man.

Cassie came outside and leaned against our motel door.

"Hey, listen I've got an idea," she seemed excited.

"What is it?"

"Well, I was thinking. It seemed rather odd that Chester's ghost possessed people and tried to murder those two. So I thought to myself 'Hey, Chester was always entertaining kids with these costumes. So what if both of our victims knew Chester from inviting him to perform at their kids' party?' Maybe both of them weren't satisfied with the performance and wanted their money back?" she explained to me.

"So you think Chester was out for revenge on these two?" I asked.

"Well, perhaps. Maybe we should visit his sister Rita and ask her questions? Maybe she knows something we don't," she suggested.

"Yeah, alright. Get your things, we're going there."

***

As we got there, we saw a 1967 Chevrolet Impala parked on the street. I whistled.

"Wow this car is beautiful. Do you think she's willing to give me a ride on it?" I asked Cassie while admiring the car.

"We don't have time for your obsession. Remember first thing is getting the job done, then it's fun-time. So let's go," she mocked me. We got out of the car and walked to the front door. We heard heavy grunts and fighting coming from inside and looked at each other.

"Chester?" I whispered to Cassie and she nodded. We opened the door fast and ran inside. We saw a young boy wearing a deer mask and throwing the guy from the elevator against a wall. Another one was already on the floor going in and out of consciousness. The boy went for his mother and started choking her. In an instance I took my block of iron and pressed it on the little boys skin. Chester's ghost got out and the boy fell to the floor with the mask off. I took the deer mask and threw it to Cassie while the two men were finally standing up.

"Hey! Go! Burn it!" I shouted at her and she quickly ran outside to get to our car for the supplies.

"Help her!" the shorter man yelled at the tall one and he followed Cassie.

While Rita was helping her son, I went to the kitchen to look for some salt. The man followed me.

"Looking for this?" He asked me, showing a pack of salt. I grunted and took it from his hand while he seemed a bit surprised that I would do such thing.

"Come with me," I told Rita and her son, Max. I drew a circle of salt around them to keep them safe. "Stay inside the circle. No matter what happens," I ordered.

"I don't understand. Why?" Rita sounded confused.

"Ghosts. You want to know how this ties to your brother? Cause and effect. Wrongful death sponges revengeful spirit," the man next to me started explaining.

"But what has Rita got to do with it?" He was about to answer when Rita looked behind us.

"Chester?" she said, her voice full of fear.

Behind us Chester's spirit was standing and looking at us. He walked towards us. The man and I shared a look and were about to lunge at him when he threw us behind through a glass door. The glass shattered and my head hurt. Chester walked towards us. "Uncle Chester, no!" Max yelled from inside the circle. But he didn't listen, he seemed even angrier. He walked very fast to us and picked me up by my collar. The other man was laying on the floor unconscious. Chester started choking me against the wall. That's what I get for banishing him from bodies. I couldn't breathe and my iron block must have fallen out of my pocket somehow because I didn't feel it. My lungs were burning, and I already was seeing black spots in front of my eyes.

Then it finally happened. He let go of me, and I fell to the floor, gasping for air. He started burning. Cassie did it. I finally could breathe again. I finally started breathing normal before he vanished in thin air. I looked at Rita and Max.

"Are you okay?" I asked with a hoarse voice. They nodded.

"Ally? Ally!" I heard Cassie running inside, searching for me. She found me sitting up on the floor.

"Are you hurt?" I asked her when I saw scratches on her forehead.

"I'm fine. Just a scratch from when Chester hit me, and I fell on the floor. Are you?"

"I'm fine," I answered while she helped me to get up. She looked at me, knowing I lied.

We looked over and the two guys were talking to Rita and Max. We walked over there.

"Hey you might wanna wait outside. The police is coming and it's better if you're not here," the tall one spoke.

"Yeah, I aggree with you. Would be weird if four Agents were handling this case. But I need to know something. Why Chester was about to kill his sister," I looked at the two while they stared at me.

They told me Chester was a bit odd but always got along with kids. The two victims complained to Rita that Chester was molesting their kids and they wanted revenge.  Rita wasn't sure about those allegations but texted them Chester's current location where the two kidnapped him and held them head down  over a bridge. However, their grip slipped and Chester died. In the end it wasn't suicide.

"Wow. I would have never guessed," I thought out loud.

"Yeah, whatever. So what's your deal?" the shorter one asked, eyeing me suspiciously.

"My what?", I laughed dryly, "I don't think that now is the appropriate timing nor place to explain it to you. We're staying at a motel a few blocks away from the Milton Bar. Let's meet there in about 30 minutes, so that you have enough time to sort things out with the Sheriff." They agreed and I went outside.