Chapter 11

A couple of days went by, and nothing interesting has happened. I walked into the main room and saw Sam and Cassie staring at a tablet.

"Interesting case?" I asked them curiously.

"No," both of them answered.

"Uh, get this: Some dude took a picture of a weasel riding a flying woodpecker. Midair. It's kinda nuts," Cassie chimed up excitedly after a while.

Dean walked in and I assumed he heard our conversation because he asked, "So, I'm guessing there's nothing on the Amara-meter, either?"

"Uh, no. I'm starting to think that God's psycho sister has gone to ground. What about you? Have you heard from Cas?", as Sam mentioned Cas a cold shiver ran down my spine and Cassie threw me a questionable glance. I still haven't explained it to her or the boys, the bad feeling I get when I hear someone mention Castiel. I didn't know if they would believe me.

"No, he said he was working on something to draw her out but he's been radio silent since he was here," Dean explained while unpacking what he bought in a store.

"Yeah all this silence is starting to freak me out," Cassie mentioned. Dean held up a big burger from his grocery bag and put it on the table for demonstration.

"What the hell is that?" Sam asked disgusted while I felt saliva fill up my mouth.

"That? That's the Elvis," Dean explained proudly.

"Elvis? Is that a...," Sam reached out but Dean swat his hand away.

"Glazed Donut," Dean seamed proudly of it while I saw that Cassie was about to throw up. That's how disgusted she was.

"Two, actually. One on the top side, one on the bottom. Now your inferior version: Why not just take one donut and cut it down in the middle? No," he pointed at the burger at did the chef kissing with his fingers. "Boom!"

"Well, alright. I hope you enjoy it!" Cassie slid it towards Dean to only put it as far away from her as possible.

Dean looked perplexed at Cassie, "You know there are starving children out there."

"I'm not going to survive hundreds of monster attacks to get flatlined by some double donut monstrosity," she tried to explain herself and I stifled a laugh.

"The Elvis...," Dean was interrupted by his cell phone ringing. "Hey, long time. Your review is long overdue," he answered his phone. "Yeah, you got it. We're there," he said in a serious tone. "How do you feel about South Dakota?"

***

We were in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, sitting in a living room with a girl named Claire. The door opened and a woman with short hair and a teenager walked in.

"Well, there goes the neighbourhood. Hi!" The woman said and we all stood up. Dean and Sam gave her a hug. Sam took her groceries to help her out.

"It has been too long," Dean said while hugging her.

"It clearly has been too long because Alex this is you, right?" Sam asked the teenage girl.

"I don't look that different," she justified herself. I, and probably even Cassie, felt like we were interrupting some kind of a reunion.

"It's amazing what you can accomplish when you spent two hours every morning in the bathroom," Claire scoffed.

"Since when are you even up in the morning? I'm surprised you're even awake now," Alex crossed her arms in front of her.

"Hey, I'm pretty sure the guys didn't come here to watch you two kill each other," the woman slightly raised her voice at the girls and Alex started leaving the living room. "Is everything okay?" She first looked at the boys and then at Cassie and I.