Chapter 7

Franki's POV

Then I got another text from Diana,

See you. 3pm sharp at 'Our Place'

The cafe?

Yup. I want to talk.

We're already talking Diana.

I mean in person. We're friends na naman diba?

Pumayag ba ko?

Come on.

Yeah yeah whatever.

Great! See ya' mwah.

Diana's really obsessed with me tsk. Ano ba talagang plano niya? Dumating nga ako at exactly 2:59 and she's already there waiting.

"What do you want to talk about?."

"Can you just sit down first Franki?." Kaya umupo na ako. I crossed my arms looking at her. This is a bad idea.

"Do you want to drink or eat something?." She asked.

"No. I'm fine. And please be direct to the point, you're wasting my time. Why do you want to see me?."

"No reason at all."

"What? I drove all the way here for nothing?."

"Well, not for nothing. This is great. Being with you Franki is such a dream." As she sipped her coffee.

"Diana, you do know na ayoko sayo. Na hindi ako tibo. If this is what it is all about then this is over. Forget about friendship and moving on--" tatayo na sana ako but she stopped me.

"Hanggang ngayon, impatient ka parin. How would you get over Argel with that attitude?. Right? Kaya kalma lang. I won't do anything to you." She said in a calm manner. Nakatingin lang ako sa kanya.

"Ganyan nga. Just breathe. Your life would always be chaotic if you don't give yourself time to sit, breathe and think about nothing for a second." Dagdag pa niya staring directly into my eyes.

"See? It's working. Kalmado ka na. Your mind is quiet for that moment." She's right. When she was talking, I wasn't thinking about anything at all like leaving this cafe.

Then she pushed the book on the table towards my direction.

"That's for you." She said.

"What is this?."

"A gift."

"But it's not my birthday Diana."

"It doesn't have to be your birthday. That's how I give myself a gift. By giving to people I love. Cliché, but it's really better to give than to receive." She said sincerely.

I looked at the book, it's called I AM EVERYONE by Initials JAP. Tapos yung cover niya may nakalagay na maliit na mirror na ang background ay kalawakan. Totoong mirror na makikita mo mismo ang sarili mo.

And then, I suddenly remembered.

"Today's your birthday."

"Bingo haha. I know you wouldn't even bother come to my birthday party, kaya I asked you to be here para--"

"I'm coming."

"What?."

"Hindi mo ba narinig? I said--"